All-Star Music or Art of Animation - 5 Adults & a Toddler

Malakaiii

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I've been lurking and reading and reading and reading, but I thought I should come out and ask a few questions!

I'm traveling in May with my husband, my mom, my brother, his girlfriend (all adults), and my 2.5 year old daughter. I will also be 28 weeks pregnant! Phew!

We're staying 5 nights and want to get a family suite.

I'm torn between Art of Animation & All-Star Music.

- How comfortable are the pull-out beds at ASMu? I don't want my mom's back to be all messed up...
- Do all ASMu family suites have 2 bathrooms?
- Is one of these resorts more of a pain to travel to/from on the buses? We're spending our day at MK and AK, and some Downtown Disney. Plus 1 day at Universal.
- Anything else I should be considering? The prices are close enough that it's hard to determine the better way to go...

We are going in August and are staying at the art of imagination. One of my friends stayed there and she said it was awesome.

I haven't stayed at AoA but have stayed in the music suite. The bed situation is a little different so compare that and see what is a better fit for your group. As far as the pullouts, I can say during our December 2011 stay, they were absolutely awful. We are used to DVC pullouts which are comfortable but in these we felt every spring. Music suites do have 2 bathrooms. As far as buses, we have stayed in all the all stars and had good bus service.

Thanks for the replies! We went with ASMu because it was $300 cheaper and we weren't drawn to the themed rooms since we're mostly adults. My daughter is going to be delighted by everything so a themed room isn't really necessary. :)

We haven't even gone yet and I'm already thinking about our next WDW trip! I can see how so many of you have gone dozens of times!

At Music you will have the one room with a queen bed and room for a pack and play so that would work for your family.

In the main room there is the couch pull out. Full sized so brother and girl friend there.

But then your mom is going to have a choice of the chair pull out which is single sized or the ottoman pullout with is also single sized. Most have said they were comfortable if small.

At AoA you have the one room with a queen and room for the pack and play.

The couch pull out which is a full.

And the murphy table bed which is a full.

So does your mom want a single or a full pull out.

That would be the question.

Also look at the food courts. Very different food choices. If you have pickier eaters Music has the more common choices. AoA has the more 'exotic' choices plus a little healthier as far as veggies and whole grains is concerned also more vegitarian choices. I'm a picky eater and I was fine at both but you never know.

Hi all!

I've been lurking and reading and reading and reading, but I thought I should come out and ask a few questions!

I'm traveling in May with my husband, my mom, my brother, his girlfriend (all adults), and my 2.5 year old daughter. I will also be 28 weeks pregnant! Phew!

We're staying 5 nights and want to get a family suite.

I'm torn between Art of Animation & All-Star Music.

- How comfortable are the pull-out beds at ASMu? I don't want my mom's back to be all messed up...
- Do all ASMu family suites have 2 bathrooms?
- Is one of these resorts more of a pain to travel to/from on the buses? We're spending our day at MK and AK, and some Downtown Disney. Plus 1 day at Universal.
- Anything else I should be considering? The prices are close enough that it's hard to determine the better way to go...

I've stayed at ASMu FS several times. But never AoA, yet.

-I slept on the pull out at ASMu last trip and it was not fun. A friend stayed at AoA and slept on the table/murphy bed and said it was fine. But I can't persaonlly compare.
- Yes, all have 2 bathrooms.
- I don't think either will be a pain with buses. They both have dedicated service. I've always thought the bus service was great at any AS or at Pop (which I think AoA would compare to).
- I think bookgirl summed it up. There are differences in bed options which I think could make a difference.

Another option would be 2 rooms at any value. Then each adult gets a real bed. But rooms probably wouldn't be together so that may be a deal breaker for you.

I'm currently trying to decide where to stay on our next trip and it's not easy. So many options!

I've slept on the couch pull out at ASMu and I thought it was very comfortable. I would say that the chair pull out is a large single, certainly large enough for an adult. My teenaged nephew slept on it just fine, and he was as large as me at the time. I shared the couch with one of my nieces.

If price is not a huge concern (the suites at ASMu are a bit cheaper) I would just go with with the resort that appeals to you most.

We just did a split stay at a LK suite at AoA and a regular room at ASMu. It sounds like you have already made your choice but I would go with AofA hands down. Suites in both have two bathrooms, but the murphy bed at AofA will be more comfortable than the pullout. I don't know if the suites are the same but we could hear every toilet flush from surrounding rooms in ASMu, which drove me crazy. I guess with the newer construction at AofA, they solved this problem. There is some hallway noise next to the murphy bed in AoA, but the outside concrete corridors at ASMu transfer every sound into the rooms at ASMu. The bathrooms and rooms are much newer and nicer and the landscaping and general feel of AoA was more Disney World and less Motel 6 with Mickey touches. I would go back to AoA in a heartbeat, but I would rather stay off-property than an All Stars resort.

We had good luck with buses at both.

The pull out chair and sleep sofa in the ASMu suites are right next to each other. At AoA they are sort of in different areas in the suite which might be nicer for your group. I've stayed in a suite at ASMu and tried out the chair and sofa. I thought the chair was more comfortable.

I have to say I too would go with 2 rooms in a value for your crew.

With so many adults, I would get two rooms rather than a family suite. As two adults, we tried to sleep on a queen-size pull-out sofa at the Beach Club Villas and we did not enjoy it at all. It was very uncomfortable. I would suspect the pull outs at the family suites are no better -- basically designed for sleeping children not sleeping adults.

I do see a previous poster said there is a murphy bed at AoA. If you're going with a family suite that would be the deciding factor for me.

But, I would still go with two rooms instead. You'll have four beds and a little more privacy. You can request that the rooms are connecting but no guarantees.

I am going to AsMu in May, my first time at a value. It is me, my SO and my 3 kids. I need a suite. I would love to do AoA but I don't want to add another $350 to the cost of the trip. Hoping AsMu will be fine. :goodvibes In my case, though, the kids (8 and 7) will be on the pull out Sofa and my 2 year old will sleep in the pullout twin. At those ages, the pullouts should be fine. I'd be more concerned about the comfort for adults who are heavier and larger. In your case, I'd do AoA or think about the Fort Wilderness cabins.

With so many adults, I would get two rooms rather than a family suite. As two adults, we tried to sleep on a queen-size pull-out sofa at the Beach Club Villas and we did not enjoy it at all. It was very uncomfortable. I would suspect the pull outs at the family suites are no better -- basically designed for sleeping children not sleeping adults.

I do see a previous poster said there is a murphy bed at AoA. If you're going with a family suite that would be the deciding factor for me.

But, I would still go with two rooms instead. You'll have four beds and a little more privacy. You can request that the rooms are connecting but no guarantees.

Strongly Agree!

I too, have 5 Disney adults and 1 child. I have been waffling for a couple months on the suite situation. After several recommendations by TA's and many nice people on the forums, we are going with 2 rooms. I just couldn't see my 68 yo mom sharing a double with one of the kids or sleeping on a pull out ottoman for 7 nights. Heck, I can't imagine sharing a double with DH! LOL An added benefit: if my mom or one of the 3 kiddos wants to nap, we have the other room to hang out in if needed. Just my 2 cents..... :)

Krista

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter