All of us WON'T have dining plan???

disneyfreak74

DIS Veteran
Ok--Here is my question. My cousin and her family are going at the same time. We have planned for her to leave her youngest (6) with DS (7) for a few hours and eat with us at Hollywood and Vine. My family is on the dining plan. The extra boy will not be. Is that going to be a problem? Will they let me PAY for him since he is NOT on my vacation party? OR is he gonna take one of my TS?

If your entire party on the DDP is there, you should have absolutely no problem paying OOP for an "extra." The problem arises when people have more adults present than they have on the card and are wanting to use credits. They also can sometimes get ugly if you want to pay OOP for a child who is listed on the card--your card says adult 02, child 01 and you want to pay OOP for the child. Yes, you can do that, but some CMs can be a pain.

There is no issue with bringing an additional person and paying OOP for them. Just be sure they are on your ADR.

You will have your entire party, plus two extras, who aren't listed on your cards. They will let you pay oop for them. You will get a separate check and they will automatically add an 18% gratuity on their check. Just let your server know that they aren't on the DDP.

kcashner said:
If your entire party on the DDP is there, you should have absolutely no problem paying OOP for an "extra."

There is no issue with bringing an additional person and paying OOP for them. Just be sure they are on your ADR.

We had "extras" at almost every meal, and the only one with any problem was my DH because he was the one pulling out his wallet. You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter