No idea if it would have helped or not. Not to mention, having an AP not sure how to even use a ticket
Just use the ticket like normal. That's what I've always done in the past. Then use it to bridge to a renewal.

A. Anytime within 14 days of when any ticket asset was first used.
1) No.
2a) You can use any of a ticket's assets in any order.
2b) Yes.
2c) No.
3) Any unused assets remain valid until 14 days following when any ticket asset was first used.

Thank you so much! We were dreading actually spending the money on a one day PH but this makes it a little more worth it.

Just use the ticket like normal. That's what I've always done in the past. Then use it to bridge to a renewal.
No need to use a ticket before upgrading it.
It doesn't HURT to use it to enter a park first, but it is not necessary.

If a CM doesn't know correct procedure, there's not much a guest can do, but nicely decline the offer and go elsewhere.

We will be at WDW and using our APs for the first time earlier than DH. Will they let me pick his up when we get ours? And if so, does that count as activating it?

Give unused ticket to someone else.
I bought a 10 ticket and is on my MDE. I decided I want to buy an AP before I go, so I can get FP's for the whole 15 day trip. I want to give my niece who has their own MDE acct. the 10 day tkt.

If yes. how do I get it on her acct.? Or do I change the name on my MDE and leave at that? We will not be traveling together.

Or do I just be patient(not one of my strengths!) and wait till I'm at WDW and do upgrade?

1. Give unused ticket to someone else.
I bought a 10 ticket and is on my MDE. I decided I want to buy an AP before I go, so I can get FP's for the whole 15 day trip.
I want to give my niece who has their own MDE acct. the 10 day tkt.

If yes.
2. how do I get it on her acct.? Or
3. do I change the name on my MDE and leave at that? We will not be traveling together.

4. Or do I just be patient(not one of my strengths!) and wait till I'm at WDW and do upgrade?

1. You can.
2. If she does not already have a MyDisneyExperience account, you can put her into your account and transfer the ticket to her.
If she DOES have a MyDisneyExperience account, you can "invite" her to join her account to your account and then transfer the ticket to her.
3. I would not do that.
4. Nope.

We will be at WDW and using our APs for the first time earlier than DH.
1. Will they let me pick his up when we get ours?
2. And if so, does that count as activating it?

1. Maybe.
2. Yes. So, if they will let you do that, his AP will start "counting down" with yours.

I have 4-7 day PH tickets in my MDE with Fastpasses already booked for a trip in May. It looks like 2 of our party may not be able to make it so I am thinking of using 2-7 day Base tickets I have tucked away instead (they are not yet linked in MDE)

Can I link two of the Base tickets in MDE and then go to a ticket window and have them prioritize the Base tickets so the Base tickets are used this trip?
Will I lose my FP reservations or are they independent of the ticket media?
Can I use the FP reservations of the two who are not joining us? I will have them removed from the room reservation when we arrive.

I would like to take those 4 7 Day PH and add water parks to them (for use on a future trip). The tickets are Canadian discount tickets so they have not been activated yet. The tickets were purchased direct from Disney before Feb 12 (there was no price increase Feb 12 on these tickets). Will I have to activate them (but not use them) in order to add the water park option to them. Would like to do this before the promotion ends. Is it possible to call Disney and add the Water Park option over the phone as they were purchased direct.

We are taking an extended family trip. (And are changing our plans to now stay at the Dolphin at the END of our trip to hopefully book a package with tickets for free dining at the BEGINNING of our trip after finding out we couldn't do that in reverse.)

My grown son has a separate reservation booked. He will be defaulting to me to handle the dining and fastpasses since most will be together. What are the pros/cons of me entering both of our reservations on my MDE as opposed to him creating his own?

My mother owns a travel agency and will be getting TA tickets. A few years ago I remember it being a nightmare for making FP together because of that media. Has that been worked out so FP can be made 60 days now and I can have our MDE accounts linked to make FP together?

So much more to think about so far ahead these days!

Heading down Memorial Day weekend! Question about activating our AP's. Is there an easier guest relations to deal with to go to? We planned on going to Epcot first when we arrive and I have some issues with our AP's that I need to make sure get taken care of correctly. I thought I had read that there are easier guest relations to deal with. Thanks!

I have 4-7 day PH tickets in my MDE with Fastpasses already booked for a trip in May. It looks like 2 of our party may not be able to make it so I am thinking of using 2-7 day Base tickets I have tucked away instead (they are not yet linked in MDE)

1. Can I link two of the Base tickets in MDE and then go to a ticket window and have them prioritize the Base tickets so the Base tickets are used this trip?
2a. Will I lose my FP reservations or
2b. are they independent of the ticket media?
3. Can I use the FP reservations of the two who are not joining us? I will have them removed from the room reservation when we arrive.

I would like to take those 4 7 Day PH and add water parks to them (for use on a future trip). The tickets are Canadian discount tickets so they have not been activated yet. The tickets were purchased direct from Disney before Feb 12 (there was no price increase Feb 12 on these tickets). 4. Will I have to activate them (but not use them) in order to add the water park option to them. Would like to do this before the promotion ends.
5. Is it possible to call Disney and add the Water Park option over the phone as they were purchased direct.

1. Yes.
2a. Nope.
2b. Yes.
3. Maybe. (That's a grey area of discussion on these boards.)

4. Nope. There is no such thing as an "activated" ticket that has not been used at the park gate (other than an Annual Pass.)
5. Unlikely, but you can certainly call and "ask nicely."

Heading down Memorial Day weekend! Question about activating our AP's. Is there an easier guest relations to deal with to go to? We planned on going to Epcot first when we arrive and I have some issues with our AP's that I need to make sure get taken care of correctly. I thought I had read that there are easier guest relations to deal with. Thanks!

Nope.
You can happen across all levels of competency with the ticket CMs at any and all locations.

All luck-of-the-draw.
So saying the "we had X situation at Y location," can be completely different at a different date and time.

Hi Robo, thank you for all your work on this. Great information and much appreciated!

I tried to look through to see if this was posted, but couldn't find it.

A friend has decided to stay with us for a few days on our next trip. I will add her to my reservation. She has a cousin who is a CM and can get her discounted tickets. Can you ever get those tickets in advance to make FP reservations at 60 days or can they only be retrieved at GS and linked to MDE then? I'd like to make her FPs when we make ours if at all possible.

Any idea what the CM discount on tickets is? Since she may be with us a few days I'm wondering if the discount is worth giving up 60 day FP reservations (we are going over Thanksgiving).

TIA!!

If you originally purchased WDW Resort Package tickets
(as part of a "room -and- tickets" reservation)

If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between the current gate price of the original ticket that you HAVE,
and the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT (the ticket to which you are upgrading,)
plus 6.5% tax on the difference price.

We have tickets that were purchased several years ago as part of our package reservations. This was pre magic band days. They are non expiring tickets that are on the room key card. Will we still be charged the upgrade fees? Also, how can we find out how many days are left on each ticket? Thanks in advance!

We have tickets that were purchased several years ago as part of our package reservations. This was pre magic band days. They are non expiring tickets that are on the room key card.
1. Will we still be charged the upgrade fees?
2. Also, how can we find out how many days are left on each ticket? Thanks in advance!

1. If you mean you want to just USE these older tickets, there will be NO upgrade fee at all.
You just need to take these old tickets to any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW and they
will make the old tickets usable at the park gates at no charge.
(Also, if you have, or will get, Magic Bands, the ticket booth or GR can add these old tickets to your MDE account and you can use
the tickets via the MBs.)
2. Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations:

Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.

If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D.

to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely,
Director, Guest Experience Services

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter