@Robo I just happened to check ticket prices and noticed a $20 off if you purchase 3 day or longer tickets online from the disney website. Didn't need to do anything special to see the offer so you might want to investigate if this is a ticket only deal available right now or it's just fancy disney for online is cheaper than at the window. and I just completely missed they did that with the last round of price increases.

It's the latter. :)
A component of this year's price increase.

I'll give a full update when I'm in the room and can work on a bigger display but I had a huge ordeal doing my renewal/bridging today. Couldn't even go somewhere else because she wouldn't give back our ID and MB.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that - I can't believe they wouldn't return your things! I've still been on the fence about just renewing, or buying a ticket to bridge/renew. I'm anxious to see your full update, but it's sounding more and more like I just ought to head to Target and use my redcard for Disney GCs to pay for my renewal rather than trying to bridge.

Sorry if I'm jumping in on your question, but I think I just did what you are asking about. Last summer I bought a 7 day hopper for one of my kids from Parksavers for much less than the going rate. He didn't end up going with us until this last month. The rest of our family already had water parks on our tickets, so I took his ticket to guest services at Hollywood Studios on 4/2/2017 and added the water parks option. I just looked at my receipt, and I was charged $15.97. Is that what you're trying to do? Later in that week I also added another park day to his ticket, and that was an additional 10.65.

That is exactly what I want to do. I think we'll try it and if they say $15.97, I'll be thrilled, if they say $85 I'll say no thanks. 47 days to go. :)

@Robo I just happened to check ticket prices and noticed a $20 off if you purchase 3 day or longer tickets online from the disney website. Didn't need to do anything special to see the offer so you might want to investigate if this is a ticket only deal available right now or it's just fancy disney for online is cheaper than at the window. and I just completely missed they did that with the last round of price increases.
The screen-grabs below are from the main WDW Ticket Prices webpage:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/

$20_gate.jpg

Ok, this will be brief, still just on the tablet and heading to AK soon but here's the lowlights.n took well over an hour to get this done
Went to GS outside HS, mostly because we hit that bathroom and saw there was no line
CM started out telling me that they would only use an existing ticket to upgrade one time per person, that in the future our account would show we've done this so next year we couldn't apply a ticket. She went to the back, through a door to no idea who, to get permission to do it this time. She had MB and ID at this point. Came back and made me fill out some form with my name and address and a place for her to write notes. She typed on the computer forever and after a long time gave me the wholesale price of less than $400 per ticket. I was using a 5 day PH plus WP, pre Feb value of $460 something. I had pulled up the chart so I knew the cost and told her that is not what I paid for them and I'd just go elsewhere to finish this later. She went on to say no, I'll make an exception this one time and eat the extra cost. Yes, she used that exact phrase, she would eat the difference and give us the correct gate price. She wrote what I can only guess to be a book in the notes on my account.
I was determined, but polite and insistent she apply the correct value. I was backing down. DH would have lost his patience and taken the lower cost just to get done with it
She did give us 1 any time, any ride FP for it taking so long. And we didn't end up missing anything anyway. ToT went down so that FP turned in to an anytime FP too, and it was back up by the time we got back there.
It all worked out but wow, she was not wanting to give up making the mouse extra money

Ok, this will be brief, still just on the tablet and heading to AK soon but here's the lowlights.n took well over an hour to get this done
Went to GS outside HS, mostly because we hit that bathroom and saw there was no line
CM started out telling me that they would only use an existing ticket to upgrade one time per person, that in the future our account would show we've done this so next year we couldn't apply a ticket. She went to the back, through a door to no idea who, to get permission to do it this time. She had MB and ID at this point. Came back and made me fill out some form with my name and address and a place for her to write notes. She typed on the computer forever and after a long time gave me the wholesale price of less than $400 per ticket. I was using a 5 day PH plus WP, pre Feb value of $460 something. I had pulled up the chart so I knew the cost and told her that is not what I paid for them and I'd just go elsewhere to finish this later. She went on to say no, I'll make an exception this one time and eat the extra cost. Yes, she used that exact phrase, she would eat the difference and give us the correct gate price. She wrote what I can only guess to be a book in the notes on my account.
I was determined, but polite and insistent she apply the correct value. I was backing down. DH would have lost his patience and taken the lower cost just to get done with it
She did give us 1 any time, any ride FP for it taking so long. And we didn't end up missing anything anyway. ToT went down so that FP turned in to an anytime FP too, and it was back up by the time we got back there.
It all worked out but wow, she was not wanting to give up making the mouse extra money

This is the kind of stuff that worries me with it being my first time bridging. I'm going to try the MK, since we are headed there first. All these stories about them making notes on people's accounts is just weird.

Came back and made me fill out some form with my name and address and a place for her to write notes.

This seems to be a new procedure they are doing. It happened to me renewing TiW and it's just to not have you say your personal information around others that they need to type in or verify.

1. This is the kind of stuff that worries me with it being my first time bridging. I'm going to try the MK, since we are headed there first.

2. All these stories about them making notes on people's accounts is just weird.

1. Yup. It's always been the case the ticket CMs seem to be the least-trained (and slowest to be updated) as to correct procedure.

2. Don't worry about that...
It has LONG been that CMs can attach a "note" to guests' interactions in this regard.
It can be a very valuable thing, as it can allow for the next encounter to have a good background on what's been done in regard
to any kind of complex transaction.
It can give the next CM an alert as to what has been "promised" to the guest
at a future time.
As to it being used to "stop" a guest from getting further help or to "make sure that a guest can't get a better price"
from a different CM (etc.,)
there are a multitude of first-hand reports from guests who have had "notes attached" to their files
from a belligerent, uncooperative (pig-headed) CM at ticket booth X...
only to have the NEXT encounter with a different better-trained, knowledgable (guest-centered) CM simply
use the "note" as a basis to see the the first CM was a jerk... and to reverse the bad decision...
(AND, to have a written record of name of the pig-headed CM!)

Last edited:
When you buy the MK ticket, have the CM at the booth set your MDE "Ticket Priority" so that the MK ticket is at the highest priority.
That ticket will be used "first" the next time you go to a park gate.
Okay, I get that, but I want to buy the ticket now, so I can make FP for it. So I get the ticket, make FP. then when I get to MK, so to the ticket booth and have the CM set the ticket to Ticket Priority. Right?

Okay, I get that, but I want to buy the ticket now, so I can make FP for it. So I get the ticket, make FP. then when I get to MK,

so to the ticket booth and have the CM set the ticket to Ticket Priority. Right?
Right.
MK ticket to highest priority.

When you buy the MK ticket, have the CM at the booth set your MDE "Ticket Priority" so that the MK ticket is at the highest priority. That ticket will be used "first" the next time you go to a park gate.

This same thing relates to an issue that I just experienced, where things got mixed up in Disney's ticket system, I guess if any system is considered good if it only has 2.3 errors per million (or whatever parameter) then I get to be part of the 2.3!

We bought 10-day park hoppers no-expire in 2014, then in 2016 we went again and only planned to use two more days as we had military salute tickets in 2016 and wanted to use those instead for 4 days and save the rest of the 10-day hoppers for 2017. I marked the proper cards as "active" and "inactive" in my MDE account and while it worked as planned for me, it didn't work out so well for my wife and daughter.

Below is the email that I sent to their help center a couple weeks ago:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello -
I am planning another Disney trip for May 2017 and noticed that my wife's and daughter's 10-Day No-Expire Hoppers were used for 4 days in 2016 when they should not have been charged, as we had other tickets that were marked as active while the 10-Day Hoppers were marked as inactive. See ticket numbers and details below:

Ticket Issue #1 - Mrs H 10-day PH no Exp - ABC123 (Purchased in 2014)
Nov 2014 - used 2 days (accurate)
Nov 2016 - used 3 days (accurate)
Nov 2016 - 4 days charged in error, was marked in MDE as inactive and ticket ABC234 should have been used, but the system charged ticket ABC123 by mistake
Ticket ABC123 now shows on MDE with *1* day remaining, but should show *5* days remaining - can you please make the adjustment to restore the balance to *5* days remaining?

Same issue was also relayed with daughter's ticket numbers...
----------------------------------------
I got a voice mail on my cell phone a couple days after my email saying that it sounded like the mis-prioritization, and that she would research the issue and get back to me, which she did a few days later with another phone call and follow-up email below:
----------------------------------------
Dear Mr. H,

Thank you for speaking with me.

I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with me. Your enthusiasm and passion for the Disney brand is very important.
Once again, I am very sorry for any disappointments you and your family experienced with two sets of your tickets being prioritized in the wrong order. As we discussed, I have made arrangements for your family to use two complimentary 4-Day Magic Your Way® Tickets with the Park Hopper® on your next visit.
Here are two ways you can access your tickets:

Upon your arrival at our Resort, please visit any of our Theme Park Guest Relations locations and present your photo identification, this letter and Will Call Ticket Order ID: BR-549. As an alternative, you may also pick your tickets up at Guest Relations located inside the Welcome Center of Disney Springs? Town Center. A member of our Guest Services team will be able to access your file and will provide you with the tickets for your visit.

Or, before you arrive, you can link Will Call Ticket Order ID: BR-549 to your My Disney Experience Account. Once you link your family's tickets to your account, you can plan and customize your next vacation before even leaving home. Please know that if you are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, you will need to stop by our partners at Guest Relations before entering a Theme Park so they can provide your family with RF-enabled media to help access all the benefits of MyMagic+.

The tickets do not expire and may be used during regular operating hours. Please know, complimentary tickets cannot be upgraded nor can they be applied toward a package to meet eligibility requirements.

To add your tickets to your My Disney Experience account in order to set up FastPass+, simply enter Will Call Ticket Order ID: BR-549 into the "Ticket ID" field located on your My Disney Experience Account. You can view this by clicking "Add Ticket" which appears once you sign into the account online. You can access this at www.mydisneyexperience.com.

Mr. H, I hope your next visit is filled with the happiest of moments.

Kind regards,
Maria
---------------------------------------------------
So once I got the above, I went into my MDE account and the placeholder order ID was already loaded onto my account, and I then reassigned to wife and daughter and will be able to make my FP reservations as planned and then pick up the plastic cards at the guest services when we get there.

I noticed that the 10-day hoppers only had 1 day remaining instead of 5 when I installed the updated MDE app on my phone, as the number of days remaining does not show on the MDE web site (not that I can see). Maybe the displayed number of days remaining has always been on the mobile app but I didn't recall seeing it until I updated the app.

I noticed that the 10-day hoppers only had 1 day remaining instead of 5 when I installed the updated MDE app on my phone, as the number of days remaining does not show on the MDE web site (not that I can see). Maybe the displayed number of days remaining has always been on the mobile app but I didn't recall seeing it until I updated the app.

That is a feature found only on the newest version.

We are booked at the Dolphin for Nov 22-27. Hoping that the rumored free dining dates are correct, we will move to a Disney resort on the 27th for 5 additional nights. A package including tickets (10 day tickets) will need to be purchased with that. I understand that I can activate those package tickets 5 days early on the 22nd by going to Guest Services. But how will making FP at 60 days out work? Are the tickets only going to be linked to a check in date of Nov 27th leaving me unable to make FP for Nov 22-27 (the Thanksgiving week portion...ahhhh!) until 30 days out? Or will the Dolphin reservation be recognized and the tickets linked to our MDE will seamlessly transfer to that reservation date (fingers crossed).

We are booked at the Dolphin for Nov 22-27. Hoping that the rumored free dining dates are correct, we will move to a Disney resort on the 27th for 5 additional nights. A package including tickets (10 day tickets) will need to be purchased with that.
1. I understand that I can activate those package tickets 5 days early on the 22nd by going to Guest Services. But how will making FP at 60 days out work?
2. Are the tickets only going to be linked to a check in date of Nov 27th leaving me unable to make FP for Nov 22-27 (the Thanksgiving week portion...ahhhh!)
3. until 30 days out?
34 Or will the Dolphin reservation be recognized and the tickets linked to our MDE will seamlessly transfer to that reservation date (fingers crossed).

1. Yup.
2. Correct.
3. Pre-booking FP+ won't be available for the days at the Dolphin even at 30 days out.
(Or any other time before you arrive.)
4. It's the TICKETS that won't be available for FP booking until 60 days before your PACKAGE check-in, and then, only for the days during your WDW resort stay.
As you've got it laid out, there are no tickets at all linked to your Dolphin stay.

Last edited:
1. Yup.
2. Correct.
3. Pre-booking FP+ won't be available for the days at the Dolphin even at 30 days out.
(Or any other time before you arrive.)
4. It's the TICKETS that won't be available for FP booking until 60 days before your PACKAGE check-in, and then, only for the days during your WDW resort stay.
As you've got it laid out, there are no tickets at all linked to your Dolphin stay.
:worried: So, no package for me. Wow, legacy fastpass is really looking good to me right now. Switching gears to hoping for a room only discount I guess. Thanks for the help Robo.

I was wondering if someone could give me some answers with respect to a 1 day PH ticket with the added WP. My BF and I are going in June for a quick little 4 day trip. We were going to purchase a 1 day PH ticket and I noticed that if we add the WP option for only $15 extra, we will get 2 entries in addition to our park visits. Can someone clarify when these 2 entries have to be used?

1) Do they have to be used on the same day as our 1 day ticket? My thoughts are they wouldn't as there would literally be no way to see 4 parks and 2 waterparks in one day. Now that is a challenge!
2) If not, can any of them be used before we enter an actual park? For example, we arrive Thursday morning and leave Sunday night. We were thinking of going into the parks on the Friday or the Saturday. If we choose to wait until the Saturday, are we able to use one of our WP entitlements on the Friday, or do they have to be used after?
3) And how long would the 2 entitlements be good for?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I went through the first 26 pages and could not find it. Thank you in advance!

I know you don't have to use a ticket first, but I wonder if it would have helped if you had used it first.
It really stinks when one of these upgrade fiascos actually happens to you personally!

I was wondering if someone could give me some answers with respect to a 1 day PH ticket with the added WP. My BF and I are going in June for a quick little 4 day trip. We were going to purchase a 1 day PH ticket and I noticed that if we add the WP option for only $15 extra, we will get 2 entries in addition to our park visits.
A. Can someone clarify when these 2 entries have to be used?

1) Do they have to be used on the same day as our 1 day ticket? My thoughts are they wouldn't as there would literally be no way to see 4 parks and 2 waterparks in one day. Now that is a challenge!
2a) If not, can any of them be used before we enter an actual park? For example, we arrive Thursday morning and leave Sunday night. We were thinking of going into the parks on the Friday or the Saturday.
2b) If we choose to wait until the Saturday, are we able to use one of our WP entitlements on the Friday, or
2c) do they have to be used after?
3) And how long would the 2 entitlements be good for?

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I went through the first 26 pages and could not find it. Thank you in advance!

A. Anytime within 14 days of when any ticket asset was first used.
1) No.
2a) You can use any of a ticket's assets in any order.
2b) Yes.
2c) No.
3) Any unused assets remain valid until 14 days following when any ticket asset was first used.

I know you don't have to use a ticket first, but I wonder if it would have helped if you had used it first.
It really stinks when one of these upgrade fiascos actually happens to you personally!
No idea if it would have helped or not. Not to mention, having an AP not sure how to even use a ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter