• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I will be going with a party of 4 staying at BC we will have tickets with park hopper for everyone in room. I am planning on staying 1 extra day. Can I just add 1 day to my ticket or does everyone in the room have to add 1 day. I will also be moving to a value resort for one night. And if I can do this any idea the cost to add the extra day? Thanks

I will be going with a party of 4 staying at BC we will have tickets with park hopper for everyone in room. I am planning on staying 1 extra day.
1. Can I just add 1 day to my ticket
2. or does everyone in the room have to add 1 day.
I will also be moving to a value resort for one night. And if I can do this
3. any idea the cost to add the extra day? Thanks

1. Yes. You can do this any time after you arrive, at any ticket booth.
You can even do it after you have started using the ticket.
2. Nope.
3. I can tell you, but you need to tell me how many days are on the original ticket.
Also, are these tickets bought as part of a WDW resort package (room and tickets bought together?)
When did you make the reservation?

Last edited:
Thank you, you made my day!

4 days on original ticket
Yes WDW resort package through disney web site room and ticket
Reservation made in January 2017 for November 2017

Thank you, you made my day!

4 days on original ticket
Yes WDW resort package through disney web site room and ticket
Reservation made in January 2017 for November 2017

There's a grey area here, as you booked your package with tickets before the current ticket price increase of Feb. 12, 2017.
On the low end of the scale, the 4-day Hopper to 5-day Hopper upgrade, can cost you $21.30 w/tax.

On the high end, it can cost as much as $54.32 to add that day.

It depends on if the CM charges you the difference between the price of the ticket
when you BOOKED the trip,
or the price between 4-day Hopper and 5-day Hopper when you arrived for the trip.

Some say that the current "standard charge" for adding a day should be $21.30.

It never hurts to "ask nicely" for the lower price, if you are quoted a higher price.

Last edited:

I am going to Disney after a cruise. I will get there on a Sat. and am doing MK. I will be buying a one day ticket for that. I am doing EP and AK on Sunday. I have a one day PH already linked to my account. When I get my MK ticket , how will I know I am using that ticket first and not the PH.

I am going to Disney after a cruise. I will get there on a Sat. and am doing MK. I will be buying a one day ticket for that. I am doing EP and AK on Sunday. I have a one day PH already linked to my account. When I get my MK ticket , how will I know I am using that ticket first and not the PH.
Merging you to Robo's Ticket thread.

When you buy the MK ticket, have the CM at the booth set your MDE "Ticket Priority" so that the MK ticket is at the highest priority.
That ticket will be used "first" the next time you go to a park gate.

I am more confused after reading the FAQ at the beginning of this thread. I bought 7 day PH from UT at a deal and linked them to MDE. I am considering adding on the plus option. How can I figure out how much that will cost?

My logic they take the price of a 7day PH and charge me the difference to a 7day PH+. IS that right?

1. I am more confused after reading the FAQ at the beginning of this thread.
2. I bought 7 day PH from UT at a deal and linked them to MDE.
3. I am considering adding on the plus option.
4. How can I figure out how much that will cost?
5. My logic they take the price of a 7day PH and charge me the difference to a 7day PH+.
6. IS that right?

1. How flattering! ;)
2. WHEN did you buy these tickets? Do they have an expiration date?
3. Sounds good.
4. Depends on the answers to #2. (And possibly, a lot of pixie dust.)
5. Depends on the answers to #2.
6. Depends on the answers to #2.

Sorry your FAQ confused me more. ;)
I bought the tickets in January, no expiration date.
The part that confused me is how would Disney know what I paid for them?

Sorry your FAQ confused me more. ;)
I bought the tickets in January, no expiration date.
The part that confused me is how would Disney know what I paid for them?

The NEW upgrade procedure calls for using the Disney gate price in January of 2017 as
THE price value for all third party-purchased tickets which were minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017.
(THAT'S what Disney uses as the guest's ticket "value" when upgrading to current tickets.)

So go HERE and scroll down to find the kind of tickets that you HAVE. (7-day PH, you said,)
Use that price.
Subtract it from the CURRENT price of a 7-day PH with PH+.

That will be the HIGHEST price you may find for the upgrade.

You might (MIGHT) happen across a ticket booth/Guest Relations CM
who will allow the upgrade for just $15 plus tax.
(The price to upgrade a current, new ticket.)

It never hurts to "ask nicely" if the price of the upgrade seems too high.

Good luck, and please report back with your results.

My family currently has platinum plus passes, which expire on August 22. If we renew, only my husband and I would renew ours, but we would downgrade to the platinum pass. I'm thinking about going one last time with one of our kids before the expiration date in August. If we were able to book free dining, could I take the 4 day hoppers that we would be required to buy, and reassign one to my husband, and then apply those to my renewal and my husband's? He would not be on that particular trip.

In a similar scenario, if I go with my daughter, but buy extra tickets through a broker, could I handle applying those to our renewals when I'm at Disney (which would be during our renewal timeframe) and renew my husband's for him even though he won't be there? This option might be a better deal than free dining, anyway. I would only do this to save a little money.

I've never renewed before, so maybe there really aren't ways to save money other than what you save by renewing. Sorry if this makes no sense!

The NEW upgrade procedure calls for using the Disney gate price in January of 2017 as
THE price value for all third party-purchased tickets which were minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017.
(THAT'S what Disney uses as the guest's ticket "value" when upgrading to current tickets.)

So go HERE and scroll down to find the kind of tickets that you HAVE. (7-day PH, you said,)
Use that price.
Subtract it from the CURRENT price of a 7-day PH with PH+.

That will be the HIGHEST price you may find for the upgrade.

You might (MIGHT) happen across a ticket booth/Guest Relations CM
who will allow the upgrade for just $15 plus tax.
(The price to upgrade a current, new ticket.)

It never hurts to "ask nicely" if the price of the upgrade seems too high.

Good luck, and please report back with your results.

I think I understand....they might use the price in January which would have been $468 for the 7 day PH or they could use the current price of $538 and then they'd charge me the difference....so it would either be $85 or $15. Huge difference!!! Just wanting to get a water park ticket for the best price. So I should try going to guest relations and IF I can get the $15 it's worth it. Why does this have to be so complicated?
Thanks Robo for all your help.

I think I understand....they might use the price in January which would have been $468 for the 7 day PH or they could use the current price of $538 and then they'd charge me the difference....so it would either be $85 or $15. Huge difference!!! Just wanting to get a water park ticket for the best price. So I should try going to guest relations and IF I can get the $15 it's worth it. Why does this have to be so complicated?
Thanks Robo for all your help.

Sorry if I'm jumping in on your question, but I think I just did what you are asking about. Last summer I bought a 7 day hopper for one of my kids from Parksavers for much less than the going rate. He didn't end up going with us until this last month. The rest of our family already had water parks on our tickets, so I took his ticket to guest services at Hollywood Studios on 4/2/2017 and added the water parks option. I just looked at my receipt, and I was charged $15.97. Is that what you're trying to do? Later in that week I also added another park day to his ticket, and that was an additional 10.65.

My family currently has platinum plus passes, which expire on August 22. If we renew, only my husband and I would renew ours, but we would downgrade to the platinum pass. I'm thinking about going one last time with one of our kids before the expiration date in August.
1. If we were able to book free dining, could I take the 4 day hoppers that we would be required to buy, and reassign one to my husband, and then apply those to my renewal and my husband's?
2. He would not be on that particular trip.
In a similar scenario,
3. if I go with my daughter, but buy extra tickets through a broker, could I handle applying those to our renewals when I'm at Disney (which would be during our renewal timeframe)
4. and renew my husband's for him even though he won't be there?

1. Yes.
2. Doesn't matter for just renewing an AP.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. Doesn't matter for just renewing an AP.

I'll give a full update when I'm in the room and can work on a bigger display but I had a huge ordeal doing my renewal/bridging today. Couldn't even go somewhere else because she wouldn't give back our ID and MB.

I'll give a full update when I'm in the room and can work on a bigger display but I had a huge ordeal doing my renewal/bridging today. Couldn't even go somewhere else because she wouldn't give back our ID and MB.

Oh no!
Sounds like another Disney Justice Warrior bent on "saving the company money."

In this thread we see reports of CMs doing their own thing:
Some charging below the customary price, and others overcharging.

There's no telling WHAT or WHOM you will encounter for ticket upgrading.

That sounds really scary! Hope it all works out for you.

@Robo I just happened to check ticket prices and noticed a $20 off if you purchase 3 day or longer tickets online from the disney website. Didn't need to do anything special to see the offer so you might want to investigate if this is a ticket only deal available right now or it's just fancy disney for online is cheaper than at the window. and I just completely missed they did that with the last round of price increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter