I purchased an 8 day PH with the 25% Canadian resident discount promotion. I'd like to upgrade to a DVC AP. Can I get the new deal for the platinum plus AP after I enter the park?

I'm sure this has been asked so forgive me: if you have non-expiring tix, isn't there a way to find out what's left on them other than waiting until you get to the park gate? Thanks :)

I'm sure this has been asked so forgive me: if you have non-expiring tix, isn't there a way to find out what's left on them other than waiting until you get to the park gate? Thanks :)

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations:

Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.

If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D.

to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Experience Services

Also, you COULD attempt to make "temporary" FP+ reservations that are booked over the next several days.

Check to see how many days of FP+ can be booked for each ticket,

Then, cancel all of the FP+ reservations after your "test."

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations:

Also, you COULD attempt to make "temporary" FP+ reservations that are booked over the next several days.

Check to see how many days of FP+ can be booked for each ticket,

Then, cancel all of the FP+ reservations after your "test."
Thanks @Robo! It's for a friend and she was told by a phone CM nothing can be done until they get there. Good idea trying to make FP's

Sorry - I'm sure this is somewhere on this thread but I had some trouble finding an answer.

I've booked a 7 night/8 day room only reservation. My intention was to buy a 2 day ticket through my husband's company and upgrade to an AP upon arrival. It looks like I would only be able to book 2 days worth of fastpasses no matter how many days I'm booked at the resort.

If I go to a 7 day ticket, it would only wind up saving me about $35 so I'm thinking I should just buy the APs in the next couple of months (FP+ opens 10/16).

If I buy the AP before we go, I understand that's a voucher and it wouldn't be activated until the first day we actually use them in the park.

Since these are vouchers, can they be linked to my MDE so I can book seven days of fastpasses?

Thank you!

Sthrough my husband's company and upgrade to an AP upon arrival.
1. It looks like I would only be able to book 2 days worth of fastpasses no matter how many days I'm booked at the resort.
I'm thinking I should just buy the APs in the next couple of months (FP+ opens 10/16).
2. If I buy the AP before we go,
3. I understand that's a voucher and it wouldn't be activated until the first day we actually use them in the park.
4. Since these are vouchers, can they be linked to my MDE so I can book seven days of fastpasses?

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Actually, you must activate the AP at a Guest Relations or ticket window before you go
to a park gate.
4. You can book FP+ for the number of days of your stay at a WDW resort, if you have an AP certificate ("voucher") in your MDE account. The AP certificate works for booking FP+.

I have 3 day non-hoppers I bought before the price hike and am considering upgrading to hoppers. If I did this now but didn't use the tickets this trip, would they become expiring? We probably wouldn't use them this trip as we have annual passes right now.

Also, I have a few 7 day tickets I was planning to upgrade to Gold AP as we are DVC. Do you think doing that now would cause them to gain an expiration of 12/31/18 because of the current DVC AP promotion? I'd like to just get those vouchers now but not if it would make them expire before we are ready to use!

Thanks for the help

I have 3 day non-hoppers I bought before the price hike and am considering upgrading to hoppers.
1. If I did this now but didn't use the tickets this trip, would they become expiring?
Also, I have a few 7 day tickets I was planning to upgrade to Gold AP as we are
2. Do you think doing that now would cause them to gain an expiration of 12/31/18 because of the current DVC AP promotion?
1. Yes.
2. Unless the DVC APs are different from regular APs, APs don't expire until Dec. 31, 2030.
Be sure to CHECK at the upgrade location before you complete the upgrade.

1. Yes.
2. Unless the DVC APs are different from regular APs, APs don't expire until Dec. 31, 2030.
Be sure to CHECK at the upgrade location before you complete the upgrade.

The DVC APs the OP is talking about is the new promotion where you can purchase a Platinum Plus AP for the price of a Gold AP. These have to be purchased by Jan 3, 2018 and activated by Dec 31, 2018. Not sure what happens if you don't activate by Dec 31, 2018.

The DVC APs the OP is talking about is the new promotion where you can purchase a Platinum Plus AP for the price of a Gold AP. These have to be purchased by Jan 3, 2018 and activated by Dec 31, 2018.

Not sure what happens if you don't activate by Dec 31, 2018.

If it works like other unactivated and unused ticket and AP expirations, that AP certificate would likely expire and only be worth whatever was paid for that AP certificate toward the purchase of another ticket at WDW.

Hi! Just wondering if you can help me figure this out.

In Aug 2016 I booked a bounce back offer for Aug 2017 and picked the 6 day MYW plus water park fun and more option (but not the hopper option).

When we show up in Aug 2017 how much would it cost to upgrade to an annual pass per adult? Per child?

Will I be lucky enough to be credited the 6 day park hopper plus price since they no longer offer a water park option without hopper?

Wishful thinking right?

Or should I call and add the hopper to my existing tickets (I think it is $15 each)...and then in person upgrade to the annual pass? Will this route result in being credited for the 6 day park hopper plus?

Thank you! I really appreciate your time in reading and responding!

Hi! Just wondering if you can help me figure this out.

In Aug 2016 I booked a bounce back offer for Aug 2017 and picked the 6 day MYW plus water park fun and more option (but not the hopper option).

When we show up in Aug 2017 how much would it cost to upgrade to an annual pass per adult? Per child?

1. Will I be lucky enough to be credited the 6 day park hopper plus price since they no longer offer a water park option without hopper?

2. Wishful thinking right?

3. Or should I call and add the hopper to my existing tickets (I think it is $15 each)...and then in person upgrade to the annual pass?
4. Will this route result in being credited for the 6 day park hopper plus?

1. Very unlikely.
2. Yup.
3. Interesting strategy. Couldn't hurt. (Might help.)
4. You just never know...

I have current dvc gold AP, expires in Dec., if I want to buy the dvc platinum plus ap online now (not upgrade my current, just buy vouchers for my family to hold until next year) will those be automatically added to my mde as unassigned tix or do they still mail the hard vouchers?

I have current dvc gold AP, expires in Dec., if I want to buy the dvc platinum plus ap online now (not upgrade my current, just buy vouchers for my family to hold until next year) will those be automatically added to my mde as unassigned tix or do they still mail the hard vouchers?

They will show up in your MDE.
You can also request that a hard document be sent to you, if you like.

Probably a stupid question... I ordered new APs a while back and I can see them all in MDE. HOWEVER, I don't recall ever receiving the exchange vouchers in the mail as I always have. They haven't stopped mailing these, have they?? If I never received them, will they just mail me new ones? :confused3

Probably a stupid question... I ordered new APs a while back and I can see them all in MDE. HOWEVER, I don't recall ever receiving the exchange vouchers in the mail as I always have. They haven't stopped mailing these, have they?? If I never received them, will they just mail me new ones? :confused3

You don't actually need any hard copy of anything, as the
fact that you bought an AP certificate is in your MDE, and that's all you need
to go to Guest Relations to activate your APs.
You will also get an "AP card" at Guest Relations when you finally activate.
If you want something mailed, I guess you can call and ask, but it really isn't necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter