• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have 3 base tickets that I bought from UT before the prices went up. I want to add a day to each because I messed up when I bought them and thought I only had six park days and we actually have seven days.

Do you still go through the turnstile first when upgrading or that wouldn't make a difference now with price bridging? Our first day is at AK and we're staying at CSR. I wanted to get in the smallest line possible to upgrade the tickets.

I have 3 base tickets that I bought from UT before the prices went up. I want to add a day to each because I messed up when I bought them and thought I only had six park days and we actually have seven days.

1. Do you still go through the turnstile first when upgrading or that wouldn't make a difference now with price bridging? Our first day is at AK and we're staying at CSR.
2. I wanted to get in the smallest line possible to upgrade the tickets.
1. You can, but it's not necessary.
2. Upgrade later in the day when you want to take a break.

1. Cannot be done at all. Sorry.
2. Welcome to the club. ;)
Thank you - I didn't think so but always nice to have a place to get an answer.

Just to confirm - if I buy a one day park ticket and link to my account, I can call IT or go to guest relations to prioritize, correct?

Thank you - I didn't think so but always nice to have a place to get an answer.

Just to confirm - if I buy a one day park ticket and link to my account, I can call IT or go to guest relations to prioritize, correct?
Why would you do that? $$$$

(But, to your question, go to guest relations to prioritize.)

Last edited:

It shouldn't be a problem. A few CMs are picky about upgrading tickets without everyone present but most of us don't care unless it's a situation where we need IDs.

Cool, thanks!

my daughter, my girlfriend and I all have separate MDE accounts, but we're all linked to each other.

Would that cause a problem? Can the CMs upgrade tickets like that, or should I transfer the tickets to my daughter, and then threaten her with a Nerf bat until she upgrades them and transfers them back?

Cool, thanks!

my daughter, my girlfriend and I all have separate MDE accounts, but we're all linked to each other.

Would that cause a problem? Can the CMs upgrade tickets like that, or should I transfer the tickets to my daughter, and then threaten her with a Nerf bat until she upgrades them and transfers them back?

It would be an easier situation for all the tickets to be linked to one MDE.

I was just trying to look up YES ticket information on the Disney Youth Programs official page, but now when I select "Individual Enrollment: Disney Youth Education Series" I get this message:

Notice

Enrollment in the Disney Youth Education Series - Individual Enrollment and Disney Student Seminars - is no longer available.

Have they ended the individual enrollment for YES programs and I missed the announcement?

Disney yes.PNG

Have they ended the individual enrollment for YES programs and I missed the announcement?

I just clicked HERE.

I got the following:

YES 2.png

I also get listings of programs for "groups of 10 or more."
Here's a line from that site:
  • Available to elementary, middle, junior and senior high school students of all ages from around the world traveling in groups of 10 or more.

Last edited:
I'd call 877-WD-YOUTH and ask about tickets.

I just clicked HERE.

I get listings of programs for "groups of 10 or more."
Here's a line from that site:
  • Available to elementary, middle, junior and senior high school students of all ages from around the world traveling in groups of 10 or more.

Yes, I can still see the group ticket information, but not the ticket info for individuals.

If you go to this page and select WDW and then Individual Enrollment (YES Program) you get that message when the new page opens.

Yes2.PNG

1. Got it.
2. She will be 10 yrs. BEFORE your proposed trip?
3. Well, technically (by the rules,) yes.
But, you COULD wait to do that until later in the day, when you are taking a break.
No biggie to enter "as a child" and THEN do the upgrade.
4. The cost to upgrade can depend on WHEN your UT tickets were "minted" (created by Disney and shipped to UT.)
You say your tickets are "non-expiring."
Do they show an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018 (or a date a few years later) in your MDE account?

Yes, she would turn 10 before the trip if we have to postpone a year....our tickets show an expiration of 12/31/30. So even though she will be 10, the ticket linked to her is for a Disney child.

I was kind of hoping there was a loophole if the ticket was linked to her when she was under 10 in MDE even if it was used after she turned 10.

1. Yes, she would turn 10 before the trip if we have to postpone a year....
2. our tickets show an expiration of 12/31/30. So even though she will be 10, the ticket linked to her is for a Disney child.
3. I was kind of hoping there was a loophole if the ticket was linked to her when she was under 10 in MDE even if it was used after she turned 10.
1. Got it.
2. You're right. Those are tickets minted prior to last price increase of Feb. 12, 2017.
3. Sorry.

There's a new DVC AP offer that just came out for the Platinum Plus pass at $559 pp (same price as Gold AP, but with no blockout dates and with water park access). https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/passes/
Ticket must be bought by Jan 3 2018, and first use must be by Dec. 31, 2018.

Here's my question - what's the best use/strategy here:
We have trips planned for Aug 2017, Feb 2018 and Nov 2018, and almost certainly another trip in summer 2019. Original strategy was to buy discounted PH ticket from UT and upgrade to Gold AP for Aug+Feb trips, and then buy new AP for Nov+ 2019 trip(s). However, this new deal would be great for Aug-Feb (water parks) and also for Nov 2018-2019.

1) If I buy and use Platinum Plus pass for August and Feb trips, can I buy new platinum plus passes before Jan 3 to use for Nov-2019?
2) Will they price bridge if I want to upgrade the 7day PH to the PP AP (if not, I may look for family/friends who are going and reassign the tickets)
3) is there any better plan to use the tickets/AP discount that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks, as always!

ETA: the 7-day PHs must be activated by 12/31/18 as well.

There's a new DVC AP offer that just came out for the Platinum Plus pass at $559 pp (same price as Gold AP, but with no blockout dates and with water park access). https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/passes/
Ticket must be bought by Jan 3 2018, and first use must be by Dec. 31, 2018.

Here's my question - what's the best use/strategy here:
We have trips planned for Aug 2017, Feb 2018 and Nov 2018, and almost certainly another trip in summer 2019. Original strategy was to buy discounted PH ticket from UT and upgrade to Gold AP for Aug+Feb trips, and then buy new AP for Nov+ 2019 trip(s). However, this new deal would be great for Aug-Feb (water parks) and also for Nov 2018-2019.

1) If I buy and use Platinum Plus pass for August and Feb trips, can I buy new platinum plus passes before Jan 3 to use for Nov-2019?
2) Will they price bridge if I want to upgrade the 7day PH to the PP AP (if not, I may look for family/friends who are going and reassign the tickets)
3) is there any better plan to use the tickets/AP discount that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks, as always!

ETA: the 7-day PHs must be activated by 12/31/18 as well.

1) APs can be RENEWED (at about a 10-15% discount) up 60 days BEFORE the original AP anniversary date or up to 30 days AFTER the original AP anniversary date.
NEW APs can be purchased at any time.
2) Yes.
3) There may often be "other ways" to do anything. Just make sure that what you do fits your long-term needs.

Sorry if this has been answered before I had a hard time finding the correct info and have called WDW ticketing and got conflicting info.

We are going to be at WDW on November 1st 2017. I want to buy tickets and then upgrade them to annual passes. I am not trying to do anything mischievous, just trying to figure out how to get the longest amount of time out of the passes.

1. Assuming we use the tickets the first time on 11/1/17 and leave on day on the ticket. the 14th would be the last day we can upgrade?

2. Can we call in from home to do the upgrade? (I spoke to one person at WDW ticketing and she assured me we could do this. I re-asked about it several times on the phone with her and got the same answer... that yes, we could upgrade the partially used tickets from home over the phone)

3. Speaking specifically about the tickets upgraded to passes - when would they begin and expire? Would the passes start on the first day the tickets were used, or would they begin on the day the upgrade occurred? When would the passes expire?

Again, I am sorry if some of these have been asked and re-asked. Despite trying to find the answers myself, sometimes it can be hard to sift through 100+ page forum thread.
Thanks!

Please re-read my posts #2010 and #2011 above.

Sorry! I think I was posting while you were. I took your advice and called and the Cast Member said the Individual YES program has been suspended through the end of the year. The reason he gave was because of "all the construction." He didn't go into any more details than that (it was a quick conversation).

He wasn't sure about next year but said to check back on the website later this year to see if they add it back in.

Group YES programs will continue.

Thank you for all of your work on helping people in this thread (and others) out, Robo!

Sorry if this has been answered before I had a hard time finding the correct info and have called WDW ticketing and got conflicting info.

We are going to be at WDW on November 1st 2017. I want to buy tickets and then upgrade them to annual passes. I am not trying to do anything mischievous, just trying to figure out how to get the longest amount of time out of the passes.

1. Assuming we use the tickets the first time on 11/1/17 and leave on day on the ticket. the 14th would be the last day we can upgrade?

2. Can we call in from home to do the upgrade? (I spoke to one person at WDW ticketing and she assured me we could do this. I re-asked about it several times on the phone with her and got the same answer... that yes, we could upgrade the partially used tickets from home over the phone)

3. Speaking specifically about the tickets upgraded to passes - when would they begin and expire? Would the passes start on the first day the tickets were used, or would they begin on the day the upgrade occurred? When would the passes expire?

4. Again, I am sorry if some of these have been asked and re-asked. Despite trying to find the answers myself, sometimes it can be hard to sift through 100+ page forum thread.
Thanks!

There is nothing "mischievous" about trying to find the lowest cost way to buy any ticket or AP.
Disney, in fact, has created the system of authorized ticket resellers/discounters, and
the rules for upgrading those tickets.

1. Yes. But, there is no reason to wait to do the upgrade. (See #3 below.)

2. No. It is not allowed. (There is no accounting for "special circumstances," of course.)
Not usually a good idea to take the word of a WDW CM on the phone.

3. The upgraded AP would begin on (be back-dated to) the first day you used the original ticket.
THAT is what makes it an UPGRADE of an existing ticket,
and why the number of days already used on that original ticket is not deducted from the value of the original ticket.
APs are good for 366 days. If an AP begins on, say, Aug. 10, 2017, it would be good
for use all the way through the end of the day on Aug. 10, 2018.

4. There is really no need to sift through the entire thread.
Much of the info is itemized and explained in the first eight informational posts.
But, I don't mind answering specific questions.
If I did, my post count might be closer to 250. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter