Alauni now

andyg

Earning My Ears
Finishing day 8 at Aulani . Great resort, friendly cast members(all hired locally)very well staffed. Been to North Shore, Macky shrimp truck, beautiful beach, snorkeling at Shark's Cove was great as was Hawaiian Ice at Aoki's. Dinner at Roy's, Hapa Grill, Chart House, and Duke's(not too miss). Breakfast at AMA AMA was great, good and great value for portions served. Bodysurfing at Sandy Beach was fun, but Be Careful(reportedly leads nation in neck and back injuries-check with life guard to get safety tips and direction on where and where not to go).tonite going to Makahaki. Also ate at Just Tacos(across street) was ok.

Already rumors of Disney expanding on lot next door to Aulani. Quiet part of Island, Waikiki only 30-35 minutes away if you avoid rush hour. Young ladies in our group(20 and 21) going to Hawaii Fire Surf School tomorrow. They pick up at Aulani and it is only 5-10 minutes from Aulani where they surf. Weather has been perfect! Make sure you take drive to Kailua over H3 highway through mountains- BEAUTIFUL!

Been a DVC memBer for 15 years. This place is awesome and from the rumors I hear Disney has future plans in the works for Hawaii.

Aloha!!

Finishing day 8 at Aulani . Great resort, friendly cast members(all hired locally)very well staffed. Been to North Shore, Macky shrimp truck, beautiful beach, snorkeling at Shark's Cove was great as was Hawaiian Ice at Aoki's. Dinner at Roy's, Hapa Grill, Chart House, and Duke's(not too miss). Breakfast at AMA AMA was great, good and great value for portions served. Bodysurfing at Sandy Beach was fun, but Be Careful(reportedly leads nation in neck and back injuries-check with life guard to get safety tips and direction on where and where not to go).tonite going to Makahaki. Also ate at Just Tacos(across street) was ok.

Already rumors of Disney expanding on lot next door to Aulani. Quiet part of Island, Waikiki only 30-35 minutes away if you avoid rush hour. Young ladies in our group(20 and 21) going to Hawaii Fire Surf School tomorrow. They pick up at Aulani and it is only 5-10 minutes from Aulani where they surf. Weather has been perfect! Make sure you take drive to Kailua over H3 highway through mountains- BEAUTIFUL!

Been a DVC memBer for 15 years. This place is awesome and from the rumors I hear Disney has future plans in the works for Hawaii.

Aloha!!

Whoa! first post!!!! Cool! FYI - We will be at Aulani in 3 weeks... Post more info when you get chance... Im all ears! :surfweb:

Hey, if you get a chance can you check who makes the sheets? I know the pillows are from downlite. We just ordered two pillows (I hope its the same model)...and the Cool Sheets set from their website.

I slept the best there last week...sheets, down comforter and no even a sweat drop the whole night...they feel awesome on your skin and cool.

The sheets I bought were the TENCEL Lyocell....made from Eucalyptus leaves.

I can't wait to try them out!
Bfrosty

Aloha!!

Looking forward to more posts. DW and I will be at Aulani the 1st week of September. We're already making plans for each day!

We will be there in 17 days, what are the "must do's"? What is this Roy's everyone keeps talking about? Do you need reservations? Thanks so much!

1) If you're gonna travel all that way, you must go to Pearl Harbor and see the Arizona, Battleship Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum
2) Kualoa Ranch Full day w/Lunch (Movie Tour, Boat Ride, Jungle Tour, ATV or Horses)
3) Diamond Head Crater
4) North Shore
5) Waimea Valley
6) The Resort, beach area, rocks near ocean (be careful)
7) Breakfast at the resort
8) KOA Pancake House
9) Groceries at Costco and Gas
10) Car Rental

Enjoy!
Bfrosty

Jaaron2 said:
We will be there in 17 days, what are the "must do's"? What is this Roy's everyone keeps talking about? Do you need reservations? Thanks so much!

Roy's is a restaurant chain, specializing in Asian-Hawaiian cuisine. A lot of their dishes are seafood based. The original Roy's is on Oahu (not the one next to Aulani), not sure which city. As far as reservations I'm not sure. Probably depends what time of the year you are going. You might call the restaurant and see what they recommend.

Aloha!!

That would be nice! I would love it if there was another DVC on another island. I already plan to island hop pretty much every time we go so hopping for another DVC stay would be awesome. I know, no one knows what will happen but I can dream!

I will be there in October just for a day on a cruise stop on Oahu. Can't wait to finally see it! :)

Jaaron2 said:

All their stuff is really good, but the chocolate souffle is fantastic.

We'll be there in 5 days too :goodvibes The wait is killing us.

5 days now for us too!!!!! Can't wait! Getting in Sat afternoon.

Us too. We leave BOS 7:30 am on Saturday then land in Chicago, leave Chicago at 10 AM straight on to HNL for a 2 PM landing.

So funny, we leave Philly at 7:00 (connect in PHX) and land in HNL around 2:30 I think... I'll see you at the front desk! Look for a group of 7 wearing lots of Phillies shirts !

So funny, we leave Philly at 7:00 (connect in PHX) and land in HNL around 2:30 I think... I'll see you at the front desk! Look for a group of 7 wearing lots of Phillies shirts !

There are 5 of us, the other 6 in our party arrive after 8 PM. We'll be looking for you.

Deb

1) If you're gonna travel all that way, you must go to Pearl Harbor and see the Arizona, Battleship Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum
2) Kualoa Ranch Full day w/Lunch (Movie Tour, Boat Ride, Jungle Tour, ATV or Horses)
3) Diamond Head Crater
4) North Shore
5) Waimea Valley
6) The Resort, beach area, rocks near ocean (be careful)
7) Breakfast at the resort
8) KOA Pancake House
9) Groceries at Costco and Gas
10) Car Rental

Enjoy!
Bfrosty

Like your list a lot, except for the Pacific Aviation Museum. Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial, The Missouri, and the USS Bowfin are amazin. The Aviation museum was just ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter