Alaska - which side?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Is there one side that's more recommended than another? My current plan is to rebook during my February cruise for an Alaska one - assuming there is still availability for 2014...if not, then for 2015 assuming those are out and they are going back in '15 - and I was just curious as to if there's a better side for things like Tracy Arm day and stuff.

(I know...any cabin on a Disney cruise is better than none. :goodvibes )

Is there one side that's more recommended than another? My current plan is to rebook during my February cruise for an Alaska one - assuming there is still availability for 2014...if not, then for 2015 assuming those are out and they are going back in '15 - and I was just curious as to if there's a better side for things like Tracy Arm day and stuff.

(I know...any cabin on a Disney cruise is better than none. :goodvibes )

It really doesn't matter. As the ship turns at the end of the arm and has to return out of the arm the same way it came it. What you see on one side, will be on the other.

I will point out, IMO, the best views are up on deck where you can cross from side to side or look forward (or off the rear deck when going out). Just staying on a private verandah is a bit limiting

I would say no. Most of the channels you go through will show fjords - so they will look similar on both sides. You may see more wide ocean on the port side, but then on the way home you'll be turned around.

Ditto Tracy Arm - one side will be closest to the glacier, but then the captain will turn around and the other side will get a great view. In fact, after turnaround, most of the decks clear out of people who've been watching all day long and it's a bit easier to see/find a great spot.

Thanks for the tips! :) I'll keep them in mind.

Yes the captain will hangout with one side of glacier to the ship then turn so the other side will have a look. When he turns to our side of the boat we head for our balcony to watch the glacier.

I thought starboard had a better view going towards glacier. Port was better when we arrived at glacier until ship turned. Amazing views from deck four and seven on way out of fjord. Be sure to be on deck at sunset leaving Vancouver--gorgeous views-- of sun and moon!

Also when seeing the glacier it was really crowded but by say 5pm it was almost empty and great views and shots.

we had port side in Alaska. We thought it was great. We had a better view of the one waterfall. ( but only captain Thord travels this path).

for Tracy Arm... starboard side is better. we were on the top deck.. so the view is spectacular no matter what!!

the out-side is best. Decks 4, 9 and 10 all have great views and you can see / get views from all 4 directions.

We had Port and loved it, however I'll agree with the others that honestly - it really doesn't matter in my opinion. I think each side will have it's advantages at times, however they are all awesome. You will also spend time up on deck and won't always be in your cabin.

Enjoy - the Alaskan cruise was by far the best! :lovestruc

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter