Alaska Trip

You bet ya :banana:and counting the days We have been planning this for 25 years It's are anniversary present to are selves :cool1:
What a fabulous anniversary present! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! Alaska is just a fabulous place, and ABD does a wonderful job of showing it to you!

Are you spending any extra time in Alaska before or after the trip?

Sayhello

Hope you have a wonderful time, Icemann! Have you given any thought to how you're going to spend your free time at Denali? My son and I went whitewater rafting down in the canyon and there were some nice rapids. It was almost 80 degrees that day and we had to put fleece pants and shirt on over our clothes and top it off with a wet suit. We thought we were going to die from the heat unitl we got in the raft. But the first splash of the frgid water cooled us off. There was one family that took an ATV tour at midnight - one of the benefits of 24 hours of daylight! There's also a tundra tour offered in a beat up old bus that several people in our group took and they saw lots of wildlife. It was long though and they had to skip the wolf tracking in Denali in order to fit it in, but they all agreed it was worth it. They took some great photos. One thing I wish I had done was add at least one extra day to the end of the trip and gone on one of the glacier flyovers, but maybe we'll do that next time. :) Either way, it's a fantastic trip. What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary!

Hope you have a wonderful time, Icemann! Have you given any thought to how you're going to spend your free time at Denali? My son and I went whitewater rafting down in the canyon and there were some nice rapids. It was almost 80 degrees that day and we had to put fleece pants and shirt on over our clothes and top it off with a wet suit. We thought we were going to die from the heat unitl we got in the raft. But the first splash of the frgid water cooled us off. There was one family that took an ATV tour at midnight - one of the benefits of 24 hours of daylight! There's also a tundra tour offered in a beat up old bus that several people in our group took and they saw lots of wildlife. It was long though and they had to skip the wolf tracking in Denali in order to fit it in, but they all agreed it was worth it. They took some great photos. One thing I wish I had done was add at least one extra day to the end of the trip and gone on one of the glacier flyovers, but maybe we'll do that next time. :) Either way, it's a fantastic trip. What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary!

We are going to opt out of the wolf tracking also and go on the tundra tour as we want to get as much wildlife photography as possible we also might be doing some other things also we just got a few tour guides that we have to finish looking over,the glacier flyover and landing is a must do

What a fabulous anniversary present! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! Alaska is just a fabulous place, and ABD does a wonderful job of showing it to you!

Are you spending any extra time in Alaska before or after the trip?

Sayhello

Yes we are flying in two days early and we are trying to stay extra at the end but Orbitz it not being to user friendly.I will never book with them again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter