Alaska Excursions

tigger137

"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave ..."
We've had an e-mail from DCL which starts, "Add even more magic. Explore your port adventures".

And goes on to say:

"Great news! You’re going to some amazing places on your next Disney cruise! As you know, there’s a whole lot to see and do. And there’s no better way to experience it all than with a Disney Cruise Line® Port Adventure!
These specially selected shore excursions are created to immerse you and your family in the magic of each port of call."

And:

"Don't miss a moment of the magic.
Visit the Planning Center now or speak with your Travel Agent.
Popular Port Adventures fill up quickly."

But when I follow the link to the DCL website, there's still no sign of the shore excusion information.

Am I missing something? What's the point of sending me an e-mail telling me to start planning my shore excursions when they still haven't published the details? :confused3

no dcl is taking their sweet time in getting the excursions out. i think its 126 days until the repo and them excursions are still not out yet.

I saw that too about just after the first of the year. The issue is that platinum/conceirge book on Jan. 3 and that gives them no time to research and figure out what to do.

I'm not seeing any Alaska excursions today, but I do see a lot of ones for Victoria. I don't know how long these have been up, but there's a bunch. I'm also waiting for the other Alaska port activities, but my pending sail date is not until late July 2011.

I'm not seeing any Alaska excursions today, but I do see a lot of ones for Victoria. I don't know how long these have been up, but there's a bunch. I'm also waiting for the other Alaska port activities, but my pending sail date is not until late July 2011.

alaska is not up yet san fran and victoria came up yesterday afternoon these are for the repo cruise.

AHHHH - then Victoria is a port excursion as the Wonder will be docked there. Thanks for the clarification. I'm really wanting to tour a little of Victoria if our plans allow. Thinking of flying into Seattle on a Wednesday, trying the Clipper Vacations Victoria Whale Watching with Overnight before driving to Vancouver on Friday for the Best of Both Escape to Vancouver and Whistler - Pre-Cruise Package by Rocky Mountaineer. Then there might be enough funds left for Alaska port excursions - ha.

Happy Planning & stressfree holidays!!

The Victoria Clipper is a good way to go, but if you have AAA, be sure to tell them--they do have a discount (I live near Seattle, and have taken the Clipper several times).

Checked the website today to see if there was any information about the shore excursions on the cruise line website. We are not going till August but are excited to see what they are offering.

I did receive a flyer in the mail about Adventures by Disney with a special offer about teaming up with Adventures by Disney while on your Alaska cruise. Very interesting. Don't know the pricing because you had to call the number on the flyer, but if you signed up all your shore activities were planned for each port and special activities while you were on the ship. The offering looked amazing. It included a train ride, gold panning, lumberjack show, boat ride to a fishing village, salmon fishing, a dog sled ride, dinner at Palo, a special welcome reception and more. For the price (whatever that may be) it included all these activities plus all your meals while off the ship.

Even if you are not teaming up with Adventures by Disney on the Alaska cruise, I imagine some of the offerings for shore activities will be the same. I also imagine that Disney will add their own spin to some of the standard Alaska cruise excursions by adding character experiences.

Looking forward to hearing about the sail away party with an Alaskan flare and if they are having a special theme night (like the Pirates in the Caribbean night on the 7 day Caribbean cruises) with an Alaskan theme.

Can't wait till August.

Checked the website today to see if there was any information about the shore excursions on the cruise line website. We are not going till August but are excited to see what they are offering.

I did receive a flyer in the mail about Adventures by Disney with a special offer about teaming up with Adventures by Disney while on your Alaska cruise. Very interesting. Don't know the pricing because you had to call the number on the flyer, but if you signed up all your shore activities were planned for each port and special activities while you were on the ship. The offering looked amazing. It included a train ride, gold panning, lumberjack show, boat ride to a fishing village, salmon fishing, a dog sled ride, dinner at Palo, a special welcome reception and more. For the price (whatever that may be) it included all these activities plus all your meals while off the ship.

Even if you are not teaming up with Adventures by Disney on the Alaska cruise, I imagine some of the offerings for shore activities will be the same. I also imagine that Disney will add their own spin to some of the standard Alaska cruise excursions by adding character experiences.

Looking forward to hearing about the sail away party with an Alaskan flare and if they are having a special theme night (like the Pirates in the Caribbean night on the 7 day Caribbean cruises) with an Alaskan theme.

Can't wait till August.

I don't know where you're looking but the Alaska shore excursions are definitely up. My friends and I have been going through them all week. I believe they went up the day after christmas

Excursions have been up for about a week or more now. Mouse over the "Cruises and Destinations" tab at the top and select "Port Adventures".

Have been to Alaska twice. The best excursion in Juneau is to do a whale watch tour. The best person is Capt' Larry have gone with him twice! Small boat too.

Here's the pricing for the ABD add-on to the Alaska cruises:

Adult $2299
Child $2069

I did the ABD add-on for the 11-night Med cruise this past summer, and it was a FABULOUS way to do a cruise!

Sayhello

Excursions have been up for about a week or more now. Mouse over the "Cruises and Destinations" tab at the top and select "Port Adventures".

I never would have found them if you hadn't posted this - thank you! I kept looking first at "Alaska Cruises", then going to "Ports" then "Port Adventures" - nothing listed there.

But I noticed that not all prices are up yet . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter