Alaska cruises seem higher priced?

yes. Compared to other DCL 7 night cruises, they are generally higher. And compared to other lines doing Alaska, they are about double!

You have to keep in mind they have higher costs up here too(I'm about two hours from Skagway). Food is more expensive, shipping is more expensive.

The opening day pricing for the 2013 Alaska cruises out of Vancouver were priced lower than the 2011 cruises were on opening day. The same room that we had cat 10 was $800 less, with both using the OBB discount.

Yea, much like the Med, I don't think we'll be sailing DCL for either destination. Way too expensive. Airfare alone is going to hurt enough.

If you are able to do the last one of the season, after school starts, we found it to be a little less this year.

Still had my spread sheet from 2011 and the pricing I paid then and the pricing I just checked for the same timeframe (2nd week in August) is very close. There is only about a $8 difference and I'm not comparing it to the 2013 opening day pricing! Some may think it's high but that was a cruise I will remember for a long time and would easily do it again.

Yes, we have Alaska booked currently, however, seriously considering another cruise line based on the cost factor and leaving out of Vancouver to boot.. We booked while on Fantasy in September... Also, waiting to see what 2014 has in store...

We loved our Disney Alaskan cruise so much more than our Royal Caribbean Alaskan cruise. It was a wonderful experience and worth every extra penny.

My husband and I used to live in Alaska so I'm pricing things in hopes that if we move across county we can drive to Vancouver in about 10 hours!!

Alaska cruises on any line are more expensive. Alaska charges higher per passenger taxes, and permit fees. There are limits on how many ships can go, and of course the cruising season is only a few months a year. Supply and demand means higher prices.

Don't skip Vancouver, beautiful city!! We spent three days there, pre cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter