Alaska Boarding Time

STLDisney_Freak

Proud Marching Band, Winter Guard, Choir Mom
We have an onboard time of 4pm for our ship out of Vancouver so what is the earliest time we can get to the port and get on the ship???

We have an onboard time of 4pm for our ship out of Vancouver so what is the earliest time we can get to the port and get on the ship???

Just to answer your question generally, with our experience from last year. We had the earliest port arrival time of 10:30. I believe that we got there around 10:15 as the cab ride from our hotel took less time that we thought it would. We were able to drop off luggage and go straight in. There were about 40-50 people in front of us when we got in the security line. I think we waited in line about 10-15 minutes there. Once past security, we got checked in quite quickly and were in boarding group 5, if I remember correctly. I think they started boarding around 11:45. I know we waited in the terminal for about 45 minutes after checking in, but they did have chairs and the characters came out for photo ops as well, I believe we were onboard shortly after 12:00, had lunch in Parrot Key and then walked around on deck 10, it was nice because there were very few other people out on deck at that time. I remember looking at the pictures later and it seemed like we had the whole ship to ourselves.

One thing about the Vancouver terminal, when arriving back at Vancouver after the cruise, luggage claim is in the same area as the waiting area when departing, not on a different level, so all guests returning from the cruise must claim luggage and move out of the area and through customs and immigration before they can set out the waiting area chairs and convert the space to a check-in space. The luggage claim area was also not nearly as organized as it is in Port Canaveral. I remember it being really a mess and it taking a long time to find our luggage, (spread out all over the place). Consequently your mileage may vary in terms of when you can enter the terminal, go through security and check-in.

We like to get to the ship around 11:30 -12. No waiting around the terminal with kids. It is crowded with limited seats. We have arrived at the Vancouver terminal around 1pm. We stayed at the Pan Pacific.

We were able to get on the ship in a few minutes. Drop our carryons off in the cabin and head to the buffet.

Thank you. That was the information I was looking for...so the port up there actually goes by the check in times then, eh? We are staying at the Days Inn on W pender street and the hotel has a shuttle service so I was wondering the time frame on check in. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter