Alamo price change

dpratt68

DIS Veteran
Alamo price change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I booked a car through Alamo back in December for $153 for 6 days. when I enter my reservation # now it comes up at $225. Can Alamo change the price of my rental???

did you make any changes to your ressies, like time, date, car selection or did you just view your ressies without any changes ?

Alamo is one of the worst as far as price difference. In our case, it was after waiting in a long line to get to the counter after a very long trilp. When I went to sign for the car the price was hundreds of dollars more than the price quoted online. All they could say was there were fees not included in the price online. Hmmmm, think they should have mentioned that before. Then I was told...well, you can try to get a car elsewhere but you probably can't.....and that was true, all the car lines were miles long and the one I checked with had none. Needless to say, I will NEVER, EVER rent a car from them again. I did call and complain when I returned home and I think they credited me $25...lol Having said that, there are much more reputable companies that quote the price and that is exactly it when you arrive.:drive:

I have never had a problem with Alamo. My big problem is that I am leaving in 2 days. i will never get a car cheaper now. Should i call and try to talk to someone??

try national car rental, use visa code 8572987 and if rental is 5 or more days add the coupon for $35 ND2119071Q.

i have rented from Alamo a tons of times and have never experience this problem. I am sure this is happening because of the holiday and you booked your car rental months ago.

It couldn't hurt to call. And make sure that you give them your confirmation numbers and if they do correct anything they they give you confirmation numbers if they change the ones you have. The last time I checked that was called bait and switch and was against the law! Good luck.

As long as you didn't change it, your original price should still be valid. View it again to see what it's showing for a price. They will honor whatever price you booked, regardless of what they are charging today.

ETA: I think I misunderstood. You viewed your original ressie and it's showing a different price? Do you have the printout from when you originally booked it? If so, I'd give them a call. That's never happened to me -- if when prices changes for new reservations, my original reservation price stayed the same unless I modified it.

I called and the man says that the rate they have (same confirmation #) is the higher rate. He told me to try and call the counter in tampa and see if what they will do. He said he "can't" make any changes. I have the email print out. do you think i have a chance?

do you have your e-mail confirmation?
where is the difference? (prices, fees,taxes?)

if the difference is the daily/weekly rate & if the e-mail confirm has had absolutely no changes (not a minute time change, diff p/u or d/o, etc), just bring that with you. your original rate is guaranteed (the "election of prepaid gas, optional coverage items or changes in taxes, surcharges and fees" are the only variables).
i would call them just to save any hassle at pick up.

hth
laurie s :)

eta: were posting at same time. yes, absolutely call tampa. as long as there hasn't been a single change, that rate is guaranteed.

I would just show up with te printed confirmation. I don't think you will have a problem.

I have rented through Alamo a couple of times. Never had a problem, but I always prepay with them. That way there can never be any changes in fees or anything, plus you get a 10% discount for prepaying.

But if you have already reserved, the only thing that can change the price would be the taxes or fees, not the actual price for the rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter