Alamo car seat rental

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
What are their carseats like? Clean? In good shape?

Thanks for any help. We are only using the car one day so I'd hate to bring my own seat down for one day.

If they are usually dirty and older I may bring my own. It's for a 3 year old if that matters.

Last edited:
Personally, renting a carseat is not something I would do. Too many unknowns: conditions and history being the top 2.

Yeah...I've been thinking about it and am leaning towards just gate checking our secondary seat for him (less expensive one that my DH has in his car)

I'm not a parent, but in February my friend rented a car and car seats at the Alamo. They were clean. My friend used to have the certification for car seat safety, and she was okay with them. They have choices. We got a five-point harness and a high-back booster for a 5 and 8 yo.

We got a car seat for our 2 1/2 year old that was brand new (still had the tags on it) from the Car Care Center. It was a last minute thing, and we had many to choose from that all looked very clean.

I was with my sister twice when she rented a car with car seats - both times they were clean and looked new.

From what I've heard this is really hit or miss - sometimes people are given great, or at least acceptable, seats. Other times they're awful and not at all appropriate for the child's size/dirty/expired/etc. My husband and I are currently having this debate, and for my own peace of mind I think we're bringing our own seat from home - I think our toddler will sit better on the plane anyways in a seat he's used to. If bringing your own seat means you'd be checking it during the flight, I would just rent - too many bad stories about seats being handled carelessly by luggage people. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I know someone whose child's car seat failed in a crash due to internal damage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter