Alamo car problem

diswix

Where dreams come true
Please can anyone advise us. we picked up a car van from alamo nearly a week ago at MCO. Not only have they over charged us, we used the Britts guide. However once we took the vehicle outside into the day light we discovered it was filthy. When we got to the hotel there were multiple scrapes and dents. We emailed Alamo immediately and they responded with we are dealling with your request. We have emailed three times since.Still no reply. Help, Help please anyone.:confused::confused:

There was alll the previous occupants contract deatils, chewing gum, loose coins etc It clearly had not been cleanend.

I have to say that the vehicle we picked up from Disney Alamo was also quite badly scratched and scruffy on the inside roof etc. When I went back to tell the guy at reception he said that was normal and he'd make a note on our booking???...In the past all the cars we've had from Alamo have been clean.

As Obi says take it back straight away to MCO, they will change it for you, and don't take anything your not happy with

We hired a car from Alamo last year, it was filthy...seriously, I do not know why we didnt take it straight back!

We got to our hotel and had a look round it, it was the worst state of car hire we had ever had! Regret not taking it back at the time but hey ho, we didnt!

As a bit of a clean freak, I had to go to Walmart, bought some car cleaning wipes in a huge tub, used nearly all of them and they were BLACK when we had done and then had to get some car febreeze and give it a good blast.....:sick::sick::sick:

Never again!!

Take it back you your nearest Alamo office, doesn't need to be where you got it.
I picked one up from Budget(Port Canaveral) last Saturday only had it for 2 days and to get me to Tampa airport, any longer I would have changed it, it was also filthy, also read a few threads about Dollar cars the same recently, looks like they are all cost cutting.
Last 2 before that I have gone back(before driving off) and changed. If the car is not right swap it.

Agree with everything that's been said above. A few years back the same thing happened to us, only with Dollar. We took it back to the nearest dollar location, nearer than the airport anyway. Only problem, they didn't have any minivans. They led us a right dance, ended up going to another dollar centre, waiting (customer service seems seriously affected when asking for a replacement car) and wasting a half day of the holiday! Very little in way of apology too.

Oh, the car we had was appalling dirty, inside and out, and was pulling to the left too, probably curbed one too many times!

So sorry to hear the problem's you've had with your hire car, not what you need when you're trying to enjoy yourselves on holiday:sad2:

We too had a bit of an old banger with Budget last year - it wasn't actually that old, just looked it with all the dings!

I'd be interested to know about your overcharging - we've booked with Alamo using the Brits Guide special and want to know what to expect when we pick up the car. I think I will email Alamo telling them I'm not too impressed already, before we've even picked the car up and tell them the price quoted is what I will be paying and no more($ exchange rate variations, of course).

Hope you get it sorted.

Today was our first free day and we took it back to Alamo on Idrive, the guys there were lovely. However they stated that they had no car vans until after the bank holiday this weekend. They did adjjstthe bill. But it still seems too steep.
The cost of the carvan for three weeks was £470 ( 2 weeks ago)when we did it with the Britts guide. On arrival at the airport we however paid the petrol up front, this was $52.80.The sales tax was $27.02 and $800 for 21 days which totalled $881.73.This still seems too much to me however my husband seems convinced it is ok and we keep falling out over it. Is anyone good with maths as we can not seem to match the numbers.
They did take $50 off today for the miscalculation of the number of days.New total being$830 which I feel is still too much.:confused3
Next time I would calculate the ammount due in Dollars prior to arrival, add the petrol if you would like that option and expect to pay that ammount.

Is it a 7 seater minivan?
If it is and you have paid $830 all in for 3 weeks you have not paid too much. Works out at £512.
If you had booked with someone like USrentacar it would be £528+gas or £588incl gas(gold option)
Figures you quote seem correct, working on ex rate of $1.63 £470=$766.10 +tax $27.02 +gas $52.80, total $845.92.(at $830 you are better off by $16 somehow)
I prefer to pay in UK before leaving in £'s, don't want any hassle doing conversions after a long flight but you seem to have a good deal.

Yes it is a 7 seater car van. Thank you for the reasurance that we were not overcharged. i can stop burning a hole in my DH head. ;)

Me again;)

I just wanted to clarify what to expect when we arrive in Miami at Alamo given we've also used the Brit's Guide discount package.

So we've had a quote of £124 for our 9 days hire, obviously the final price will be subject to $ variations on the day - but plus sales tax.

Did your payment include additional drivers; it appeared from the literature that it did, I just wanted to double check this before I get there!! Can you opt to fill the car with gas yourself?

Thanks so much - glad you got yours sorted and enjoy the rest of your holiday:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter