AKV SV Studio, Kidani or Jambo?

kenny

DIS Veteran
Looking to make a 5 night trip down in August. Couldn't get BLT but AKV had SV studio's in both Kidani and Jambo.

Never been to AKV. Which would be better. Have a 2 DD. They will be 6 and 11 months at time of travel.

I know Jambo has the majority of restaurants/shops but Kidani looked like it had a cool pool/splash area.

Also which has the better savanaa? Would want to see Giraffe's and Zebra's.

Thx

Both SV are great! Your DD6 will probably love the kids pool area over at Kidani, and its not that bad of a walk. If you want to be close to the counterservice restaurant (the Mara) Jambo House is for you but much busier.
That being said, we have 2 DD's as well 14 and 2, we always stay at Jambo House for the action and walk over to Kidani to swim. Tough call, both are great:thumbsup2

I think all of the Jambo savannahs have Giraffe and Zebra. Most of Kidani shares the sunset savannah with them, too, but Kidani has a smaller percentage of rooms on the Pembe savannah that does not have Giraffes? for a more unique animal.

Overall, I would figure the number of times you will be going to Jambo for eating (breakfast, CS at Mara..) vs using the Kidani pool. And honestly, those ages would really enjoy the Jambo pool. There is a zero entry for the younger, and with supervison, the Jambo slide is good for a 6 year old.. I'd use Jambo the first tims and see if you want to venture to Kidani.

I just did AKV with a 4 and 1 year old in February. I stayed at Kidani on the Pembrooke savannah. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. I used valuable points and received a room that was on the fenceline with the pool. I saw NO animals from my balcony the entire trip. The pool is not visiable due to vegetation. The walk from my room to the lobby was extremely long. (I know, I shoudl have requested another room.) The hotel had a small lobby, only one restaurant which was a TS, limited child's dinner on teh room service, and the store was very small. The main savannah did have plenty of giraffes, zebra, etc. but the only time I got to see them was walking through the lobby to the elevator.

After seeing Jambo House, I really wish I would have stayed there.

So, if staying at AKV, I would recommend Jambo House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter