AKV Studio x2 - what are my chances?

wen-tom

spit spot!
Hi all, i have a res for a 1BR SV at AKL for 14 nights 9/22/07 - 10/6/07. I have just realised (way too late ) that 2 studios would work better for our group. :scared1:

what do you think the chances are of 2 studios being available at this short notice? :confused3

You might have a good chance.:confused3 If units are coming online sooner than originally planned, who knows. Sept. is still a slow month I think.

Good luck!

I called yesterday (4th) not realising until i got the closed message that it was July 4th :upsidedow so MS were obviously closed. I will try again today and post when i have the answer :)

Just curious...why are 2 studios better than a 2 bedroom?

It was a 1BR that we had. we were looking to change to 2 studio's for a little more space and an extra bathroom.

i just called MS and it was not available. there were many days missing from the dates that i wanted :sad2:

It was a 1BR that we had. we were looking to change to 2 studio's for a little more space and an extra bathroom.

i just called MS and it was not available. there were many days missing from the dates that i wanted :sad2:

Were you able to waitlist? As more rooms come online perhaps something will open up?

Were you able to waitlist? As more rooms come online perhaps something will open up?

MS didn't offer me waitlist but then she did just laugh at me when i asked the question so maybe i will call back and speak to another CM. :confused3

i had thought that as they are working harder to get the rooms available for 9/1 they might have something available. obviously needing 2 rooms does not help. i think i will call back later ;)

MS didn't offer me waitlist but then she did just laugh at me when i asked the question so maybe i will call back and speak to another CM. :confused3

i had thought that as they are working harder to get the rooms available for 9/1 they might have something available. obviously needing 2 rooms does not help. i think i will call back later ;)

Few things to consider:

1) If you get 2 studios, you will likely NOT be next to each other...and could be a fair bit away. Since studios are the other 1/2 to the 2BR lockoffs.....you're taking what you can get.

2) You lose the washer/dryer AND the full kitchen. That might not matter to you, but....just in case....I wanted to point it out.

Few things to consider:

1) If you get 2 studios, you will likely NOT be next to each other...and could be a fair bit away. Since studios are the other 1/2 to the 2BR lockoffs.....you're taking what you can get.

2) You lose the washer/dryer AND the full kitchen. That might not matter to you, but....just in case....I wanted to point it out.

it doesn't bother me being far away from each other as my mother in law is one of the guests in the other room so the further away the better :rotfl2:

we are on the dining plan so the kitchen isn't an issue as long as we have a fridge to keep water cool and the laundry isnt really an issue for me..if we nee dto wash we will be happy to use the main laundry room.:)

Sending Pixie Dust your way. :goodvibes IMO, a waitlist never hurts. AKV's are running ahead of schedule so it's possible the studios you need could open up.

Since the OP wants to change from one 1BR to two studios, how do you set up the wait list so that the 1BR is not cancelled until both studios become available? I've never used the wait list so I'm just wondering if there is a risk that one studio comes through, it gets booked automatically and the 1BR is cancelled, and then the other studio never comes through.

I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm not sure how to set it up so that the 1 bedroom is only cancelled if 2 studios become available. Hopefully someone on these boards will have the answer, or the OP could call MS and ask if it's possible to to set it up that way.

I suspect the MS CM laughed because she likely thinks it's a long shot to get two studios.

Since the OP wants to change from one 1BR to two studios, how do you set up the wait list so that the 1BR is not cancelled until both studios become available? I've never used the wait list so I'm just wondering if there is a risk that one studio comes through, it gets booked automatically and the 1BR is cancelled, and then the other studio never comes through.

Well i just called again to ask about the possibilty of waitlist and the CM came across this very problem, she said there was no way to ensure the res for 1BR was not lost!

The computer will waitlist both studios seperatley and if you auto confirm it may lose the 1BR and give you just 1 studio instead :scared1:

ive decided to leave this as it is. perhaps i'll call in a few weeks to see if anything has changed. thanks for all your advice as usual :goodvibes

i just had this message from MS..

Good Afternoon,

It will be very difficult to get 2 studios to match at the same time. We
can set up a waitlist to only confirm if both become available at the
same time if you wish. Please advise us how to continue.

Have a nice day,

Joe

do you think it is too risky to waitlist? i would hate to lose my original ressie :scared1:

Auto confirming ONLY if BOTH come available at the same time would be the way to go, but be advised that you will probably still have the 1 bedroom instead. By going this rought though, you will have the chance to get what you really want.

well, i have nervously set up the waitlist ONLy to autoconfirm if 2 studios become available. i dont think that it is very likely but wish me luck all the same :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter