AKV Savanna Views

rashba9

Earning My Ears
We purchased at AKV and are hoping to get a res in October. Just wondering about savanna views. Has anyone one stayed in a room facing the Arusha or the Uzima Savannas who would like to give their opinion about the good/bad of the view??

THANKS!!!

Randy :confused:

go ask on the resort board - lots of them love Akl.

don't refer to AKV - you don't want hate posts.

go ask on the resort board - lots of them love Akl.

don't refer to AKV - you don't want hate posts.

Do AKL lovers resent that DVC moved in? I'm an ALK lover, and I don't mind, but I'm also a DVC member, so that makes it a little different.

Occpuancy of the AKL is sure to increase when a portion of the existing AKL rooms are taken out of service & remodeled into DVC villas. Less AKL rooms means less opportunity to get a free upgrade! Couple that with the inconvenience of the construction and it may explain why AKL lovers are not too hot on DVC right now.

We purchased at AKV and are hoping to get a res in October. Just wondering about savanna views. Has anyone one stayed in a room facing the Arusha or the Uzima Savannas who would like to give their opinion about the good/bad of the view??

THANKS!!!

Randy :confused:
'

We were in a 5th floor, Zebra trail room, overlooking Arusha Savannah, back in '01. It was stellar.

We were in a standard 3rd floor room overlooking Uzima Savannah, for a night back in '04. It, too, was stellar. I prefer Arusha, personally, but it was simply a matter of personal preference. It's like asking to choose your favorite chocolate dessert....in the end, they're ALL good! :)

Do AKL lovers resent that DVC moved in? I'm an ALK lover, and I don't mind, but I'm also a DVC member, so that makes it a little different.

definitely.

they don't want DVC to messy up their resort.

definitely.

they don't want DVC to messy up their resort.

Here's a good demonstration of some of the common AKL lovers views (if you'll excuse the obvious AKL pun) about DVC moving in.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1410764

Keep in mind, many of the same sentiments are expressed in other places/threads.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not upset over their views.....I understand where they're coming from, to some extent.

Here's a good demonstration of some of the common AKL lovers "views" about DVC moving in.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1410764

Keep in mind, many of the same sentiments are expressed in other places/threads.

Thanks for the link- that actually helped me! I have a CL standard room reserved for Dec 1, the night before our 4 night Disney cruise. Originally I had a deluxe reserved and then found out there were standard size concierge rooms. Since it is just DH and me, I "downgraded" to the room big enough for only 4 instead of 5. I PREFER 4th floor over 5th floor- you have a better view of the animals I believe on the 4th floor. It's the best of all of them!

I'm very pleased now with my room choice and $ saved for December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter