• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV owner - can I use BWV points on May 16th?

WDWguru

aka tivogirl, keeper of the live WDW webcams at ht
We added on at AKV on day one and we're planning on a December trip for our first stay. I know I can book May 16th, but can I book using only AKV points? The entire stay is within the 7 month window, and we'll be using AKV points for all but one night of the reservation. We're hoping to use BWV points for the additional night. (I know we could borrow but we have plans laid out and would rather use BWV points we were planning to bank.)

I'm not clear from the wording whether AKV owners can book starting May 16th with ANY points or with just AKV points. It reads to me like you just have to be an owner, and as long as you are within the 7 month window you could use points from any contract. Anybody know for sure? If I have to, I will just call on June 6 and add on the extra night.

The answer is no (according to my guide). Owners, using AKV points only, will be able to reserve beginning May 16. To use BWV or other resort points for a ressie, you need to wait until non-owners can begin calling, June 6.

That's what I thought too, but if you read the actual words on the DVC site, it doesn't actually say "using AKV points" anywhere. Here's what it does say:

Members with an Ownership Interest at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas can begin making Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas reservations on May 16, 2007, based on limited availability. All other Disney Vacation Club Members can begin making Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas reservations on June 6, 2007, based on limited availability. It has not yet been determined when rental reservations will begin.

So drusba - you asked your guide about it and they said this? Or did you find different wording somewhere? Just curious.

Indeed, that does sound confusing. I do believe the "intention" of the policy is to use only AKV points on the 16th. :smokin:

MG

That was my guess, MG, and I'm certainly not trying to get around any rules. We have a 150 point contract with AKV and will use those points for the bulk of the trip. We just have some extra BWV points we were going to bank, but instead of doing that we could use them up with one night on this ressie. If I have to call June 6 to book the extra night, I will, but it'd sure be nice to just do it in one call. I probably won't know for sure until May 16th when I call.

When I asked DVC Sales, when buying, about what we could use to book come May 16 was told only AKV points. The logic is obvious. New owners are being given a 3 week priority period over non-owners for ressies between Sep and Jan. If you could use both AKV and BWV (or other) points May 16, all that the professional renter who has 8,000 points at the other resorts (owned half by him and half by a relative) would need to do to get most of the rooms that will be available from Sep to Jan is buy 25 points at AKV and call at 9 a.m. on May 16.

They had the same issue for SSR and it was only SSR points, I'm sure it'll be the same this time as well.

Ahhh drusba - that makes sense. Didn't even occur to me! Like I said, I can call and add the one night on June 6th if I have to (and it looks like that's exactly what I'll be doing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter