AKV Map of different views?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this has been already posted (I'm new here and I haven't been able to see any past posts). But I wanted to know if someone had a map of AKV showing the different views (ie Savannah, Standard and Value) and locations of studios, 1 bd, 2 bd etc.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I don't have any information for Kidani Village but here are a couple of maps of Jambo House (the Lodge building). The first shows the location of the different booking "levels" in Jambo House: Value in lime green, Standard View in yellow, Concierge in pink, everything else is Savanna View. The orange blobs show the locations of the six Grand Villas.

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

It's a bit hard to read but this shows the approximate layout of the villas in Jambo House, at least for those already declared into AKV. There are no dedicated 2BRs in Jambo House so where the map indicates a 2BR it is always a lockoff so it can potentially be rented as a 1BR and studio or as a 2BR.

81115AKV_Units_121207_UnitDesc.GIF

is this for DVC or for cash reservations?

Lisa - I am not sure I understand your second map. If I am reading it correctly, there are only 8 dedicated studios? Four facing the Sunset Savanna (#50) and four facing the pool (#47)?

Also, I think I remember you saying earlier that if your confirmation says you have a dedicated studio that it is assumed that it is a guaranteed savanna or pool view. Is this correct?

Lisa - I am not sure I understand your second map. If I am reading it correctly, there are only 8 dedicated studios? Four facing the Sunset Savanna (#50) and four facing the pool (#47)?
There are 38 dedicated studios in the Units declared so far. There will be a few more when they declare the remaining Jambo House Units.

There are 8 Value dedicated studios (in Units 47 and 50), 3 Standard View dedicated studios (in Units 41A and 42) and 27 Savanna View dedicated studios (in Units 2, 7, 11, 24, 26, 30, 41, 41A and 43). The additional dedicated studios still to be declared will all be Savanna View dedicated studios.

Also, I think I remember you saying earlier that if your confirmation says you have a dedicated studio that it is assumed that it is a guaranteed savanna or pool view. Is this correct?
If you book a Value studio and your confirmation says you have a dedicated studio then your villa should be in either Unit 47 (with a pool view) or Unit 50 (with a savanna view) because that is where the Value dedicated studios are located. What I don't know is whether or not the AKV front desk staff considers a "dedicated studio" a guaranteed booking category or just a "suggestion". Some of them seem to be very confused about the Value villas, even telling some people at check in that all of the Value villas face the parking lot.

There are 38 dedicated studios in the Units declared so far. There will be a few more when they declare the remaining Jambo House Units.

There are 8 Value dedicated studios (in Units 47 and 50), 3 Standard View dedicated studios (in Units 41A and 42) and 27 Savanna View dedicated studios (in Units 2, 7, 11, 24, 26, 30, 41, 41A and 43). The additional dedicated studios still to be declared will all be Savanna View dedicated studios.

If you book a Value studio and your confirmation says you have a dedicated studio then your villa should be in either Unit 47 (with a pool view) or Unit 50 (with a savanna view) because that is where the Value dedicated studios are located. What I don't know is whether or not the AKV front desk staff considers a "dedicated studio" a guaranteed booking category or just a "suggestion". Some of them seem to be very confused about the Value villas, even telling some people at check in that all of the Value villas face the parking lot.
Thanks for the information. I'll print out the confirmation and take it with me just to be safe. Hopefully the CM will be familiar with the situation and we'll get a savanna or pool view.

Lisa

Where do the concierge studios overlook? Would you suggest a value studio or CS? Do some of these open into the lobby?

Thanks.

Where do the concierge studios overlook?
Do some of these open into the lobby?

The concierge studios are all the studio part of a 2-br lockoff (no dedicated studios in concierge). They are in 55 and 56 (which are above 54 and 53 on Lisa's map). 55 overlooks the sunset savanna, and 56 overlooks the pool. The doors to these units open to the atrium overlooking the lobby.

? for Lisa.

We have a VV (dedicated on reservation) for one night, and the remaining 6 nights in a SV(dedicated on reservation).
The first night in the VV we arrive late-about 8pm, so I don't really care what the view is like, but the remaining nights I think I'd like the Arush Savannah view.
How do I go about requesting this now--trip is in March.
Also, you know so much about AKV, how do you get all the info, maps, etc.
:worship:

Just wondering if there are many viewing areas for those not booked in a SV room? I read somewhere that there were some on each floor and down in the main lobby. :confused3

Thanks;)

Answered on another thread...thanks

What do those Unit #s represent? I'm trying to figure out which ones I was in last week. I think my value studio was in Unit #47. However, my room # was #5020, nothing to do with a #47. ANd the one I'm really trying to figure out is my savannah view studio. I know I was in the very last "building" on the left, overlooking Arusha savannah. But my room # didn't have a 9, 11, 4, or 2 in it. Are 9 and 4 just 2 BRs and 11, 2 the studios? Do you know if there's an elevator between 11 and 4, or is the elevator before #9? Just trying to satisfy my curiousity is all. Thanks!

What do those Unit #s represent? I'm trying to figure out which ones I was in last week. I think my value studio was in Unit #47. However, my room # was #5020, nothing to do with a #47. ANd the one I'm really trying to figure out is my savannah view studio. I know I was in the very last "building" on the left, overlooking Arusha savannah. But my room # didn't have a 9, 11, 4, or 2 in it. Are 9 and 4 just 2 BRs and 11, 2 the studios? Do you know if there's an elevator between 11 and 4, or is the elevator before #9? Just trying to satisfy my curiousity is all. Thanks!
DVC sells their resorts a little piece at a time. They break the resort up into Units and each purchaser then buys some small percentage of a particular Unit within the resort. If you look at your sales paperwork it will identify the percentage and the Unit that you purchased. In AKV each Unit consists of a few rooms, maybe two 2BR lockoffs, or four dedicated studios or one grand villa. The Unit numbers are completely unrelated to the room numbers for the rooms that make up that Unit but you can figure it out easily enough. Just find the location of your room on one of those AKL maps (the one they give you when you check in) and then manually locate the corresponding area of the Unit map.

I maintained the map above (which is out of date now) to track the progress of sales within Jambo House. As sales progress, DVC declares additional Units into the condominium. They submit paperwork to Orange County each time they do this so I monitored the county's website and added new Units to the map as they were declared.

Here is the final version of the map, showing the complete set of Units in Jambo House:

81115JamboHouseUnits_Final.GIF

I think my value studio was in Unit #47. However, my room # was #5020, nothing to do with a #47.
Yes Unit 47 contains four dedicated studios, one of which is room #5020!

ANd the one I'm really trying to figure out is my savannah view studio. I know I was in the very last "building" on the left, overlooking Arusha savannah. But my room # didn't have a 9, 11, 4, or 2 in it. Are 9 and 4 just 2 BRs and 11, 2 the studios?
The room numbers in that last building would range from 5371 to 5395. Unit 2 contains three dedicated studios, two facing the Arusha Savanna and one facing the Sunset Savanna so if you had a dedicated studio all the way at the end of the Kudu trail then you were in Unit 2. Unit 4 contains two 2BR lockoffs so if you were in a lockoff studio then your room would be one of the studios in Unit 4.

Do you know if there's an elevator between 11 and 4, or is the elevator before #9? Just trying to satisfy my curiousity is all. Thanks!
There is an elevator between the two halves of Unit 17. If there is another elevator further along the Kudu Trail it's not shown on the AKL map.

Lisa - know this is a problem but can you add the laundry room - it would be between 42 and 53 on your map - more towards 42.

since disney is not acknowledging it.

Lisa you have worked very, very hard on the map and all the information about AKV - it is definitely appreciated!!!

thanks so much for your hard work!

Yes Unit 47 contains four dedicated studios, one of which is room #5020!

The room numbers in that last building would range from 5371 to 5395. Unit 2 contains three dedicated studios, two facing the Arusha Savanna and one facing the Sunset Savanna so if you had a dedicated studio all the way at the end of the Kudu trail then you were in Unit 2. Unit 4 contains two 2BR lockoffs so if you were in a lockoff studio then your room would be one of the studios in Unit 4.

There is an elevator between the two halves of Unit 17. If there is another elevator further along the Kudu Trail it's not shown on the AKL map.

Thanks so much for helping, LisaS! Yes, there is an elevator about 1/2 way out there (or further), but it only went to the lobby. In order to go to Mara, I had to go to another elevator, ALL the way to the bridge that crosses the lobby, across, and then to the right. Oh, what a long walk! And yes, my room was between 5371 and 5395, #5377. Did I mention what a LONG walk it was ?!

If you book a Value studio and your confirmation says you have a dedicated studio then your villa should be in either Unit 47 (with a pool view) or Unit 50 (with a savanna view) because that is where the Value dedicated studios are located. What I don't know is whether or not the AKV front desk staff considers a "dedicated studio" a guaranteed booking category or just a "suggestion". Some of them seem to be very confused about the Value villas, even telling some people at check in that all of the Value villas face the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

I called to request the dedicated and they told me it IS a booking category. I wish I knew about the dedicated when I called each day for 7 days at the 11 month mark - I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the dedicated then! :headache: I just don't want the parking lot view.

subscribingpopcorn::
This thread is nearly 2 years old and some of the information is no longer accurate. The dedicated studios are no longer a separate booking category. There are also better maps available in more recent threads.

ETA: You can subscribe to threads without bumping them and causing email to go out to everyone else who has subscribed to it. Click on "Thread Tools" just above the first post on the page and select "Subscribe to this thread". When the next page loads, click "Add Subscription". It accomplishes the same thing without bumping the thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter