AKV Kidani Dryer Question

kayla87

Mouseketeer
This might seem kind of silly, but I'm worried about ruining our clothes. Hopefully someone has experience with this...

When you put the dryer on the energy preferred setting (the star) and press go, is the dial supposed to turn as it dries? I did a load earlier and it never moved - I stopped it after 40-ish minutes and everything was dry. I'm afraid to not watch the clock and rely on the dryer to stop.

If there is something wrong with it, I'd also like to report it so someone doesn't leave their room and come back to miniature clothes.

Yes, I believe it is suppose to move. I have found that at ANY WDW resort, that the dryers are usually commerical grade so they dry faster and a lot hotter. If we were staying at a Villa with DVC so I had more control of the wash, I put in a load when we get back for the night and dry them in the am so I can check it. I started doing this because one of my DD's shirts was embossed and it practically melted.

If staying in a studio or using the resorts facilities, I ALWAYS clean out the lint filter and run it for 30 minutes at a time on a lower setting IF one is available.

I just think they are too hot. And even if they are to move and they don't, I wouldn't want to risk "toasting" my clothes.

We stayed at Kidani in Oct in a two bedroom. I believe we put it on the minutes setting. Even here at home the energy setting goes too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter