AKV - Kidani Community Hall..Some ?s please

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
I am trying to narrow down options for an upcoming trip Dec 5-10th. We have stayed AKV Kidani once but did not spend alot of time at the resort. We had also not yet discovered the joys of Community Hall when we stayed AKV. So, now that we (read DS 9) are hooked on Community Hall, I would like to hear peoples experience with the Hall at Kidani. I actually dont even know where it is! Any info on amenities, games, video games, friendly atmosphere, etc. would be greatly appreciated. We are planning on being a little more laid back this trip, before heading to Universal for Disapalloza :-)cool1:) so fun resort stuff do to is high on the wish list. TIA!

We were there in April/May with DD 11. She loved it. There are a variety of free crafts to do and it seemed like each day there was $1 craft that she could make...buttons, key rings, etc.
It has a Wii system and I believe XBox. It also has a card table and fooz ball table (believe I'm remembering this correctly).
It opens each morning at 9 and closes around 10 (at least while we were there). My daughter would get up each morning, throw clothes on, and spend an hour there while Mom and Dad woke up and pulled together breakfast. She also liked hanging there on our break times.
The Hall is right off of the check-in lobby past the library. You can also look at the windows and watch the animals.
Have fun!
:thumbsup2

We had a late flight the day we checked out and spent most of the afternoon at the Community Hall. My boys are 4 & 2, so not as old as yours, but they had a great time. The staff was very engaging. My 4 year old chose a movie to watch, made a button and a beaded bracelet ($1-2 each), played a new XBox thing where you don't have a controller but the game box senses your body movements (can't remember the name of the gaming system and that description makes me feel like I'm my grandmother!), watched animals from the balcony, colored a picture....you get the idea. My 2 year old watched a movie, put a puzzle together, and "played" foozball since no once else was wanting to play while we were there. He and DH also took an afternoon nap on the couch.

This was our first time at a Community Hall and I thought it was a really fun way to spend our last few hours. It was never very busy while we were there. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

We were just there. Made lots of great crafts. There was a good variety - favorites were coloring a beach ball and decorating a treasure box. The location is very central and there is a big terrace with chairs to view animals. In addition to the community hall, try the drum cafe in the evening as well as the animal activities. We did lots of activities at kidani and thought the activities were the best.

My kids loved the community hall there and so did DH and I. We would fill up our mugs with coffee and sit out on the terrace while the kids played games and made crafts. The staff was very helpful and nice to our children. We would also go down during the movie and read a book while the kids watched with the other little folks. Awesome amenity.

We were just there. Made lots of great crafts. There was a good variety - favorites were coloring a beach ball and decorating a treasure box. The location is very central and there is a big terrace with chairs to view animals. In addition to the community hall, try the drum cafe in the evening as well as the animal activities. We did lots of activities at kidani and thought the activities were the best.

We were just there too! I have a crazy question. When we went in we saw a family there and the dad was helping I think his DD coloring a beach ball and then another DD was decorating a treasure box, I'm wondering if this was you?? I came in with DH, DD, and DS & we sat at the table closest to the door.

OP, the community hall is great and our kids had a lot of fun there. DD made a bracelet and DS made animals with the model magic clay. It's clean, the CM's are great and there are a ton of things for the kids to do.

I didn't see a foosball table, but I know there's a pool table. My wife and I stopped there as we had some time to kill before Magical Express arrived. The pool table was in use, so we played the giant Connect 4 game they had.

Community Hall was buzzing. They have a large TV with a connected Wii and Xbox 360. The back corner has two (I think) PlayStation 3 systems. There a multiple tables for crafts, coloring, etc.

When we were there, kids were making T-shirts using a transfer process.

Because we couldn't get to the pool table, we ended up going to the store and buying some snacks which we ate on the balcony outside of the library.

my kids didnt want to leave the community hall at kidani. thry loved it! my dd was 9 when we were there. its off of the lobby to the right and down the hall a short ways. there is an arcade just across the hall. your dd will have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter