AKV - Jambo House or Kidani village?

ILUVDizney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone - we are headed down for our first DVC stay in November for F&W (just husband and I) and we are leaving a day sooner than planned due to flight prices. So I'm looking to book a 1 night stay before we head over to BWV. It looks like I can book either AKV - Jambo House or Kidandi Village (studio - savanna view). Is there a preference for one location over the other (for DVC)? I've stayed at AKL with my girls and mom, but my husband hasn't been to either. Getting from one building to another for us isn't an issue, but I was thinking about booking a dinner at either Jiko or Sanaa - just haven't decided which one yet (I haven't been to either).

Thanks for your insight! :thanks:

My preference is Jambo for the grand lobby, the proximity of Mara for fast food. That said, we're staying at Kidani next trip. For one thing, Jambo was unavailable (fewer rooms available for DVC members), and for another we need a 2 BR, and Kidani has 1 more bath than Jambo, and with two girls, the extra bath is a plus. However, for two people, I like Jambo better.

If it is only for 1 night and just the 2 of you then i would book Jambo -- more impressive lobby. Jiko is at Jambo and is a slightly more expensive signature restaurant. You could even see if getting the dining plan would be of any benefit for that one nights stay.

If it is only for 1 night and just the 2 of you then i would book Jambo -- more impressive lobby. Jiko is at Jambo and is a slightly more expensive signature restaurant. You could even see if getting the dining plan would be of any benefit for that one nights stay.

Thanks for the idea about looking into the dining plan for that one night - that's something I hadn't thought of (we've never gotten it). :)

We just had dinner at Boma in May, and the buffet was awesome.

We would pick Jambo over Kidani if we had our choice of resorts, but we had to push around 3 small children during our stay at Kidani. I think the limited food options at Kidani would
make us pick Jambo.

hanks for the idea about looking into the dining plan for that one night - that's something I hadn't thought of (we've never gotten it).

you really need to play with the numbers - deluxe plan (you get 3 TS credits and 2 snacks) is what would give you enough credits because Jiko is 2 credits each person- then you would have to use up your remaining TS dining and snack credits by midnight the next day.

I just took a quick look at jiko's menu and avg entree is $45 and you get dessert and a drink - (no alcoholic drinks) So for 2 adults you are probably looking at $60 each -total of $120. The signature plan for one night each is $106.68. That would leave roughly $93 left for your remaining TS meal and 2 snacks each -- If you choose dinner the next night you would probably come out ahead, assuming your dinner would be roughly $40 each (which is easy to do) and each snack credit ~$5.

you really need to play with the numbers - deluxe plan (you get 3 TS credits and 2 snacks) is what would give you enough credits because Jiko is 2 credits each person- then you would have to use up your remaining TS dining and snack credits by midnight the next day.

I just took a quick look at jiko's menu and avg entree is $45 and you get dessert and a drink - (no alcoholic drinks) So for 2 adults you are probably looking at $60 each -total of $120. The signature plan for one night each is $106.68. That would leave roughly $93 left for your remaining TS meal and 2 snacks each -- If you choose dinner the next night you would probably come out ahead, assuming your dinner would be roughly $40 each (which is easy to do) and each snack credit ~$5.
Thanks for the example and running the numbers. I always get confused comparing DP and TIW and AP and DVC discounts.

If choosing between the two I would choose Jambo over Kidani for reasons everyone else has stated. I prefer the lobby, proximity to more food choices, atmosphere, walk to the room has never been bad at jambo (i'm sure it can be). We really enjoy jiko so that would be my dinner choice although saana is a good place as well. We are not fans of boma but also don't generally enjoy buffets. We are going down in September and we chose kidani because of the extra bathroom in the larger villas.

I prefer Jambo over Kidani. I love the lobby at Jambo, and the dining options are better. I'm not a fan of the long hallways at Kidani, so I tend to avoid it if I can.

With the deluxe dining plan, you also get an appetizer, so it's easier to reach that $106 dollar point.

Thanks for the example and running the numbers. I always get confused comparing DP and TIW and AP and DVC discounts.

Jambo's studios are also a bit roomier than Kidani if I remember correctly. And the standard view we had was a nice pool view.

You should most definitely get the Deluxe Dining Plan for the one night. We always stay in a studio our first night and then switch to a one bedroom. We always do a very pricey dinner (Narcoosees, California Grill) and we can use our TIW card for our drinks. Then we do a nice sit down for lunch or dinner the next day (you can use your credits until midnight the day after check-in). Coral Reef, Captains Grill, the Italian place on the BoardWalk, Italy in Epcot (we always check the menus to see where we can get our money's worth). Also, since you will be checking into BWV, you can use your two snack credits (before midnight) at the food kiosks in Epcot for the F&W festival. We always get the most expensive ones...again, we check the menus that come out right before the festival. Plus.....you will also get one refillable mug each and they are now for an extended period of time....so they will work at the BoardWalk too.

Are you staying on a Saturday? Party for the Senses is offered during October....you should definitely look into it. Although with F&W now starting Labor Day weekend, there might be changes coming there.

Have fun!

Jambo's studios are also a bit roomier than Kidani if I remember correctly. And the standard view we had was a nice pool view.

You should most definitely get the Deluxe Dining Plan for the one night. We always stay in a studio our first night and then switch to a one bedroom. We always do a very pricey dinner (Narcoosees, California Grill) and we can use our TIW card for our drinks. Then we do a nice sit down for lunch or dinner the next day (you can use your credits until midnight the day after check-in). Coral Reef, Captains Grill, the Italian place on the BoardWalk, Italy in Epcot (we always check the menus to see where we can get our money's worth). Also, since you will be checking into BWV, you can use your two snack credits (before midnight) at the food kiosks in Epcot for the F&W festival. We always get the most expensive ones...again, we check the menus that come out right before the festival. Plus.....you will also get one refillable mug each and they are now for an extended period of time....so they will work at the BoardWalk too.

Are you staying on a Saturday? Party for the Senses is offered during October....you should definitely look into it. Although with F&W now starting Labor Day weekend, there might be changes coming there.

Have fun!

Thanks so much! :flower3: The thought of getting the dining plan for one night had never occurred to me (and we always buy a mug). I think because we've never done a split stay before...and have a TIW card. We will be there over a Saturday, but the last Saturday of the festival - so I don't think there will be many options for special parties offered unfortunately.

always get confused comparing DP and TIW and AP and DVC discounts.
I didn't factor this in for the pricing, but not even sure if jiko is part of the discounts.

With the deluxe dining plan, you also get an appetizer, so it's easier to reach that $106 dollar point.
That definitly adds more value

and we always buy a mug).
and the mugs should be good for your whole trip! This makes me want to add a day just so i can add the dining plan

We prefer Kidani for two main reasons. First it's more quiet, especially around the pool, which we found less crowded than when we ventured over to Jambo. Second, it's the first stop on/off the bus. The main drawback is no decent QS food, but that doesn't bother us too much. It's a matter of personal preference.

It's funny, the Jambo fans seem to have come out more on this thread, but the subject of this thread comes up all of the time, and you'll run across some that the Kidani contingent are more prevalent. I would encourage you to do a search, lots of discussion is out their, and I'm guessing you'll find many thread Titles which are very close to the title you chose.

If you are on the Dinning Plan, I think Jambo is a better choice unless you plan on eating most of your meals in the parks. The walk from Kidani to Jambo isn't to bad 10-15 minutes, but gets a little old after the 4th or 5th time. Especially with a double stroller........

which is better for a group of 9 with 6 adults?

I had to make basically that same decision, so I went with two 2BR villas at Kidani, because the 2BRs at Jambo are all on the 5th floor, which many posts I read limits your animal viewing.

Thank you so much i was leaning towards doing the same. Taking the in-laws to disney world also.
The 2-bedrooms at Kidani Village have several advantages over those in Jambo House.

Jambo House 2-bedrooms are all lock-offs (studio & 1-bedroom w/interior connecting door) and have 2 full bathrooms. Since the studio becomes the 2nd bedroom, it will have a queen bed & sleeper sofa. Most JH DVC villas are on the 5th floor with the DVC portion of Concierge Level on the 6th.

Kidani Village 2-bedrooms can be either lock-offs or dedicated and will have 3 full bathrooms. The dedicated 2-bedroom will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. The 2-bedrooms in KV are also approx. 100 sq ft larger than those in JH (values are even smaller). KV villas are on floors 2 through 5.

The 2-bedrooms at Kidani Village have several advantages over those in Jambo House.

Jambo House 2-bedrooms are all lock-offs (studio & 1-bedroom w/interior connecting door) and have 2 full bathrooms. Since the studio becomes the 2nd bedroom, it will have a queen bed & sleeper sofa. Most JH DVC villas are on the 5th floor with the DVC portion of Concierge Level on the 6th.

Kidani Village 2-bedrooms can be either lock-offs or dedicated and will have 3 full bathrooms. The dedicated 2-bedroom will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. The 2-bedrooms in KV are also approx. 100 sq ft larger than those in JH (values are even smaller). KV villas are on floors 2 through 5.

Plus, it opens up some flexibility for the Dining Plan, whichever level you choose. We'll probably buy the Deluxe for just one of the two villas, then share the credits across both villas, as long as we make sure a member of villa 1 (and corresponding magic band) is in the restaurant party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter