Akl

pruesmom

Mouseketeer
This will be our 10th trip to Disney as well as our 10 year anniversary and first trip to AKL. We've been staying at the moderate resorts and I'm curious if AKL is really much different from the CB or Port Orleans. We were unable to get a Savannah view due to availability but did get a pool view. Are these rooms bigger and are the beds more comfortable than the moderate resorts? How far is the walk to the buses and lobby? I realize this is a deluxe resort but is it really much different?

To me you can't really appreciate the place until you stay there. And even after that it's difficult to put into words.
Transportation and distance from parks aside, I would rather stay here tahn any other resort. It's just very realxing.
Distance to transportation is right out the front door to the left. Easy.
And as I'm certain you will hear, AKL doesn't share their buses, so while the distance is further, it's probably a wash with the other resorts.
I really believe you will enjoy it.
:thumbsup2

I am staying there for the first time too in September, this wil be our 5th trip, first time in a deluxe resort. I have heard nothing but great things. I've been to Disney 2x this year on little weekend getaways and I have resisted from peeking because I want to be just as stunned as everyone else when we arrive in September. I'm told that pictures dont do justice. Have a great trip.

Well, I've stayed at just about all of the Disney resorts. All the values, all the moderates and about 3/4 of the deluxes. If someone handed me a wad of cash and said I could only spend it on one resort visit at Disney World, I'd be calling for an Animal Kingdom reservation ASAP.

Everything about that resort just hits home with me. Maybe it's because I'm a nature lover but I still visit that resort every chance I get even when I'm not staying there.

Deluxe resorts have queen beds (not double), interior hallways (not exterior), valet parking, usually more than 1 sit down restaurant, room service. Typically the rooms are a little bigger. We LOVE the AKL. It's got a wonderful atmosphere.

DH and I stayed last year for his 40th birthday and loved it. And we had a parking lot view!:goodvibes
The beds are very comfy, the lobby is amazing, and we loved exploring the lodge - we did the night vision viewing of the savannah by the pool (think it's every night around 9pm), we missed the cookie decorating at Boma, they have the most wonderful gift shop there, and the food at Boma is amazing. We leave in 23 days to stay at the AKV in a studio in a savannah view, but I've seen photos of the pool view, and it's just as nice. You can view the savannah from all around the lodge, inside and outside in some spots.
The bus service is the best of all the resorts we've stayed at, and it's really not as far as you'd think to all the parks.
You'll love it!

Thanks so much! I hope our family loves it as much as you all do! We are going in Sept.

Many people like mods, I like deluxes better. I've never been at a mod and been like, oh man this sucks. But when I'm at deluxes I often think wow this place is amazing. Mods i think, this is nice. I'm equally happy if that makes sense, but I do like the deluxes better. I think AKL is a great resort. It has a lot of extras over any of the mods, even if standard. I always here about getting animal view or nothing, but I don't buy that. The animals are visible from all over, not just your room. Also, the price you pay is far less than many other hotels that have rather bland views (I know the rooms are smaller, but it doesn't effect me). Pool views are always some of my favorites, and the ones at AKL are all relatively close to the lobby, so thats handy.

We're going in August and I can't wait to see it! We are also staying pool view, which at least will be close to the lobby and transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter