AKL Value studio? Has anyone stayed in one of these?

queenbetsey

DIS Veteran
Hi! Didn't see this anywere on here so here we go. Thinking of staying in one of the value studios at AKL, has anyone stayed in one of these yet. It would just be dh and me so it is not like we will have little ones with us but I am wondering if they are still ok. Don't want to fly all the way out there (we are in SoCal) to look out my window and see the trash cans. I won some developer points and need to use them up this unit would give us four nights as the points are so low but I am a bit nervous as to what the difference is between a regular studio and a value studio. Any input would be great

The Values are approx 3 feet shorter than the other Villas in Jambo House. They can have either a Pool View, Savanna View or Parking Lot View. DVC will not accept a view request for the Values.

Here's a map of the 5th floor at Jambo House. The Values are along the Giraffe & Ostrich Trails.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

I've stayed in about 5-6 value studios, and just waitlisted for one this morning. I think they're by far the best value in DVC. All of my stays have been solo, but DH spent some time in one with me, waiting for his flight, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there together. All except one time I've gotten pool view.

We've stayed in a value studio twice, and both times have had a parking lot view. It really wasn't a bad view...we got to see people coming and going. It was a whole lot better view than the standard we had at the Dolphin! That was a view of the dumpsters:mad:

We are two adults and have stayed in a value twice (both times with a pool view). We loved it and never noticed the loss of space. Our stays were 4 and 3 nights, but we could have stayed longer without a problem. We don't usually spend much time in the room. We will definitely try to book more values on future trips.

We spent one night at a AKV value. THere were 4 of us and they only thing I could complain about was the bath room. We usually stay in a 1/2 bdrm at OKW where the baths are huge. This bath seemed very tiny and not a lot of room to more around in. We did have a savannah view and right off the elevator.

When we stay at AKV we're at Kidani more often than not, so my experience at Jambo is limited to 4 years back.

The value room we stayed had a savanna view - not a great one by any means, but giraffe did camp out below us at night.

The room is about 2' shorter in length than the other Jambo DVC studios. With only 2 of you, I'm confident that you won't notice the difference between it and the other Jambo studio rooms. I haven't heard of a 'dumpster view' from any of the Jambo DVC units, only of a parking lot view. Mind you, even a parking lot view can be nice in FL with all the lush trees around :goodvibes

:hug:awww thanks guys! great info and yes I have to agree with all the lush green landscape florida has any view would be good (i guess except that dumster view from dolphin..ya'd think at those prices they would try to not do that:confused3) I am going to see if I can book one now.
I love the Dis!:cool1::thumbsup2

Question about the values...are they dedicated to certain floors for DVC like the Svannah views?

I was also wondering if anyone had ever tried to use a pack-n-play in an AKL Value Studio...and had the couch folded out, too?:rotfl2: We are thinking of doing a quick weekend in one of these rooms (renting PTA would make it barely more expensive than Pop) & I was curious about the dynamics of a family + baby in there.

Question about the values...are they dedicated to certain floors for DVC like the Svannah views?

values are only at jambo, which means like all the DVC villas at jambo they are on the 5th floor (Ok...there are a few concierge DVC villas on the 6th floor).

See Erinoms' post below.. there's even a map ;)

I was also wondering if anyone had ever tried to use a pack-n-play in an AKL Value Studio...and had the couch folded out, too?:rotfl2: We are thinking of doing a quick weekend in one of these rooms (renting PTA would make it barely more expensive than Pop) & I was curious about the dynamics of a family + baby in there.

I'm sure it can be done, but it I can guarantee you will be tripping on the pack and play the entire stay.

I think you'll be far happier in a Kidani Standard view unit. For a few more points they're quite a bit larger, have a huge bathroom and the area where the door connects to the adjacent 1br unit is perfect for the day crib with lower lighting and walls on 3 sides to muffle noise (except from the neighbors, but you can toss a comforter between the doors if that's an issue.

They are all on the 5th floor on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails. Here is a link to a map of the rooms parkinfo2go.com. Hope this helps!

Edited: OOPS!! Sorry, Erinom already posted the map info. I just type too darn slow!!!

Here is the view we had from our value 1BR in June 2009. We started our trip for one night in a value studio which was just a few doors down from this 1BR that we stayed in for the rest of the trip. The value rooms are perfect for us since we don't spend a lot of time in the room, but we still have the laundry, kitchen, jacuzzi, and, if we're lucky, this view......

KaedyatTowerofTerror026-1.jpg
KaedyatTowerofTerror006-1.jpg
KaedyatTowerofTerror024-2-1.jpg

We spent one night at a AKV value. THere were 4 of us and they only thing I could complain about was the bath room. We usually stay in a 1/2 bdrm at OKW where the baths are huge. This bath seemed very tiny and not a lot of room to more around in. We did have a savannah view and right off the elevator.
Just an FYI: the bathrooms in the Value rooms are identical to the bathrooms in the non-Value rooms in Jambo House -- same size, same layout. The kitchens/kitchenettes are also the same size as any other DVC room in Jambo House. The 3 feet of length difference is in the living/sleeping areas of the Value rooms so the Value 1/2BRs do not have the sleeper chair and the Value studios do not have the storage bench. The balconies are also a bit narrower than those on the non-Value rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter