• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Upgrade

Disneyjamie

DVC Member 2004 SSR
Do you think that an upgrade to a Savannah room would be more likely to happen if the first night is booked as a Savannah room and the rest of the stay (3 nights) are a pool view rather than if all four days were booked as a pool view room? I know upgrades are not automatic, and not to expect one - just wondering. Thanks.

Last Sept 2004 we booked room only Savannah 1st night. Our package was for standard view for the following 7 nights. We were allowed to stay in the same room! :cool1: We were Zebra Trail Arusha Savannah on 3rd floor. It was a great location b/c the elevator was steps from our room and we were able to access Mara and the pool quickly. Have a wonderful trip. :bounce:

My guess is that the odds would be the same either way. Why not book into standard view for the full four days and just see what happens? If they don't upgrade you when you check in, you can offer to pay for one when you arrive. The only risk you run is that there will not be any savannah or pool rooms available, which would be unlikely I think given what I understand are the limited number of rooms that they have in the standard view category. Possible upside is that you will get a one or two category upgrade for free. Warning, though, if they give you comp upgrade from standard to pool view, a further upgrade to savannah view will cost you the difference between standard view and savannah view...not just the difference between pool view and savannah view.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter