AKL still a "closed resort?

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
When AKL first opened, I heard that it was a closed resort, meaning that you had to be staying there or have a PS for one of the restaraunts to visit the resort. Is this still true?? Or are you able to visit the resort w/o having a ressie or a PS.

Hi there,
When my family and I went in August we decided to go see the resort and had no problem. We just walked right in. It's beautiful by the way. Enjoy!

I think WDW was referring to the parking. I can't help you because we had a PS. however, the parking attendant didn't ask for any confirmation of it (ie, our names or whatever) and she just waved us through after we told her that. :)

We went there in Feb., just to look around and the guard just waved us through. No questions asked!:D

We were @ WDW this past Feb., satyed at ASMo, We wanted to see the AKL and drove over. We showed the guard our parking pass from ASMo, he asked to see our room key ( just to look at it I guess ) Then let us in.Guards at other resorts just waved us by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter