AKL - Standard view requests...

rach98n

Mouseketeer
We currently have a res at the AKL for Feb. We booked a Standard "Parking lot" view room since we are booking 2 connecting rooms, so opted for the cheapest. Are there any requests to make for this level of room? Anything to stay away from? I'm hoping beyond hope for a comp upgrade when we get there being that it will be low season, but I'm not going to count on it.

Thanks in advance!

All the standard rooms at AKL are parking lot view. The only request I've made is for a room on the Kudo Trail since the other side is overlooking the walkway to the buses. I doubt it would make that much difference other than people coming back late and possibly talking too loud when you're trying to sleep. :wave2:

If you don't mind walking through the lobby and taking the elevator to the pool and restaurants Ostrich Trail is nice. Our rooms were there {we had 3} on the 3rd floor which is the same as the lobby. The view wasn't too bad at that level. We were down by the handicap parking lot and there was alot of bushes and small trees outside our balconies. We didn't see too many cars and we weren't high enough to see any traffic or signs on the highway out front. It wasn't far to the front doors to get to the bus stops either. We would stay in these rooms again. Two of them were connecting. One had a king bed and a sofa and the other had two queen beds. You may very well get an upgrade if it is slow time but even if you don't you'll love AKL. There's so much to do there and the lodge is beautiful inside. One note...if having a balcony is important to you there are three or four standard view rooms on the 5th floor that do not have any. All they have are small cut-outs in the roof. They are about the size of a closet with a port hole type cut out enclosed at the bottom. We had them and asked to be moved. Which they very graciously did for us. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter