• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL (Sav), OKW or BCV (std)

mamagg

Earning My Ears
Hi -- we are doing Disney in November. Just heard about renting points. IF we stick to week days, we can stay for a fair amount in a studio. We can stay four week nights for $320 in OKW or for $480 in AKL (Savannah view) or for $480 in BCV (std view). It will be my husband, myself, possibly my Mom and our just turning 3-year-old son. I've heard of the waterpark at BCV being a perk but I wonder if the amazement of the animals will be better. I worry about the distance of AKL to everything, but the peace might be nice after a day of It's a Small World. However, the convenience of BCV seems great. Also, isn't BWV nearby as well, they are cheaper, but i don't think they have rights to the Stormalong Bay Pool. Only reason we would do OKW is for the price of 8 points per night. Any advice is much appreciated as this will be our son's first trip and our first family vacation. Any chance of these places giving complementary upgrades if available?

At any of the DVC you will enjoy it. AK is a bus ride away from them all, BCV youm can walk, or boat to MGM or EPCOT. Personally I like BWV better.

We've stayed at the BC, BWI and BWV. Having access to Stormalong Bay was great considering DH and DS love water slides, the size of the pool and the sand bottom. But with a 3 year old, I personally don't think you should base your decision on that pool area since I don't think he will be able to go down the slide.

I agree with you about the fascination with animals may be quite entertaining.

I love the EPCOT resorts since they are so close to two parks and the transportation is pretty convenient. So it's easy to head back to the resort for an afternoon nap, which I highly recommend.

Our most recent trip we stayed in a 2BR villa at BWV and loved it. We had the right amount of space for DH, DSthen11, DS's friend (also then 11) and I for two weeks.

Hope that helps. Happy planning. :)

This is the only way I go now. It's fantastic. Just be sure you feel comfortable
with everything, get references, use paypal, and enjoy whatever resort you're
able to get for that time period. OKW studios have two queen beds. The
others have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter