AKL Room?

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Happy New Year....can I get recommendations on what room view or room type to request at AKL?

We are going in July and I was looking to do the Savannah view with Queen Bed/Bunk Beds...I have 2 boys..ages 3 & 8.

Can you request a certain trail or view when you make your recommendations?

Thanks

Happy New Year to you too!

You can most definitely make room/trail requests by faxing or calling them in to the resort. I called the hotel and got what I requested, but many recommend faxing a few days before you are to arrive.

AKL Pictures and Info

The above link has a resort map and many pictures, as well as the phone/fax numbers you'll need.

When you make the request (and it is a request, no guarantees), make sure you list your preferences in order of importance. That way, the room controller can try and fit your most important request first and then try to match the rest.

I assume you've already booked a savannah view room. From there, you can request the queen/bunk bed arrangement and then your room location.

Personally, I would recommend a room on a lower floor (2nd is lowest guest floor, 3rd is lobby level). I would then suggest a room on Zebra Trail near the elevators or lobby. That puts you close to the pool and the restaurants/food court. You could then specify a savannah (Arusha is the central one within the main "horseshoe").

When we stayed, we were on Zebra trail, 2nd floor, right near the elevators at the first offshoot. It was a really good location, IMHO. Quiet.

Don't forget to mention that you would appreciate any complementary upgrades that might be available. It never hurts to ask....

Good luck and have fun!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest