AKL Question-Jambo Villa studio or regular room??

Momtwofour

DIS Veteran
I just changed our June trip to AKL...super excited, this is our first stay there! I booked a deluxe studio savannah view at Jambo. But after doing some reading I see these rooms are on the 5th floor. We will be celebrating my granddaughters 5th birthday and now I am wondering if we would be better off in a regular savannah view, as from what I can tell those rooms will be on a lower floor. In your opinion, how much does the floor you are on effect the animal experience?
Thank you!!!

Personally, I think the lower floors are better for animal viewing. We own DVC, and stay at AKL Jambo often, and you're quite a ways above the animals. The canopy of the trees also inhibits some of the farther views from the height of the 5th floor.

Personally, I think the lower floors are better for animal viewing. We own DVC, and stay at AKL Jambo often, and you're quite a ways above the animals. The canopy of the trees also inhibits some of the farther views from the height of the 5th floor.
That's what I was worried about. I like having the small kitchenette as we plan on eating breakfast in the room but I really want the view for my granddaughter.

You will also only have one real bed in the studio. Queen sized bed and double sleeper sofa. The hotel room will have two queen beds.

You will also only have one real bed in the studio. Queen sized bed and double sleeper sofa. The hotel room will have two queen beds.
I watched some videos and I think we will stick w the studio. The room w two beds looks smaller, I think because you can close the sleeper sofa up and have more floor space during the day. I have slept on them before and I'm ok w that. And I really do want the kitchenette.

I would give up the kitchenette for two queen beds, you can still do breakfast in the room.

I would give up the kitchenette for two queen beds, you can still do breakfast in the room.
The bed is not an issue for me. I actually prefer the sofa sleeper for more floor space during the day. I am more concerned w the view. I am probably way over thinking this. I tend to do that lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter