AKL or WL. Worried about WL pool closure.

kittyx3

Earning My Ears
We have a room at WL for 9/30-10/11, but have heard rumblings of a potential pool refurb. We love the idea of WL, but the pool thing concerns us. (2) questions really.

1-stay at WL and risk it, or go to AKL and why?
2-has anyone ever paid for a room upgrade once on site and how often does that opportunity come up at WL vs AKL

Thank you. So many choices!

We have a room at WL for 9/30-10/11, but have heard rumblings of a potential pool refurb. We love the idea of WL, but the pool thing concerns us. (2) questions really.

1-stay at WL and risk it, or go to AKL and why?
2-has anyone ever paid for a room upgrade once on site and how often does that opportunity come up at WL vs AKL

Thank you. So many choices!

We've stayed at both 2 times and we love them both for different reasons. If there is a possibility for the WL pool to be closed, I think I'd opt for AKL. WL is more convenient to MK, but we found the buses at AKL to be great as we didn't find it to take more than about 5 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts. Also, since the buses only go to AKL and Kidani, there's no sharing with any other resort(s). I don't think you can go wrong with either resort, IMO, as both have great atmospheres, great pools, and great dining options (both CS & TS). With that said, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at AKL if WL wasn't available or something was going on at WL that would make a difference in our stay. I can't comment on paying for an upgrade as we've never done that.

We've stayed at both 2 times and we love them both for different reasons. If there is a possibility for the WL pool to be closed, I think I'd opt for AKL. WL is more convenient to MK, but we found the buses at AKL to be great as we didn't find it to take more than about 5 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts. Also, since the buses only go to AKL and Kidani, there's no sharing with any other resort(s). I don't think you can go wrong with either resort, IMO, as both have great atmospheres, great pools, and great dining options (both CS & TS). With that said, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at AKL if WL wasn't available or something was going on at WL that would make a difference in our stay. I can't comment on paying for an upgrade as we've never done that.

I agree with Mickeynut1. Stay at the AKL if the WL has a pool closure planned - especially if your trip in in September/early October. The two resorts are very similar. The big advantage of the WL is its proximity to the MK. However, it really is only a few more minutes on the bus to get to the MK from the AKL. The pool at AKL is lovely and the animals such fun to watch. The AKL is only 5 min from the AK and is just as close to DHS and Epcot. I guess that the question that you have to answer is "How important is the pool to you?" If it factors into your plans at all then choose another resort. The AKL is the perfect alternative to the WL..

If there is availability then you can pay for an upgrade at check in or even upgrade and move partway through your visit if you wish. However, if you want to upgrade and pay the difference, then why not do so before you go? The odds are better at purchasing the upgrade sooner rather than later.

Good luck choosing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter