• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL onsite activities

Adowning67

Earning My Ears
Have you done any of the onsite activities at AKL, i.e. wine tastings, painting classes, etc? Want to do a stay-cation at AKL, and the list of activities sounds cool, but are they?

We did the Starlight Safari and it was fantastic! Met at 8:15pm (you meet at Kidani Village) and they take you on a safari truck through all of AKL savanna's and you get upfront and close with the animals, night vision goggles to use, and great info about how they care for the animals and run the savanna's. There were 9 of us and it was a really cool experience! Couple pics...

Attachments

• 20190910_202805.jpg
    20190910_202805.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190910_204739.jpg
    20190910_204739.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190910_212406.jpg
    20190910_212406.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190910_212231.jpg
    20190910_212231.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
We stayed at AKL last September and I had sincerely wished we had planned more resort time. The pool was down at Jambo House ( which is where we stayed ) so we skipped the pool which I regretted not going over to Kidani to use the pool which was the substitute with the refurb going on. We did do the Night Vision goggles ( which was free to all guests ) and that was very cool. It was also at our own pace and no one else was there so that added to our enjoyment. We couldn't do the Paint and Wine or the onsite Spa since we didn't have time planned into our schedule for that. I would make sure we had it planned in for the next trip though.

Stayed there last September with my brother and his family. We did the free dining tour where you go to Jiko and Boma, we enjoyed it. They also have a great activity room there, stuff for all ages. We spent a lot of time there! Crafts do cost money, but wasn’t unreasonable. We made a lot of pretty bead bracelets. I could also spend hours sitting in the lobby at night or by the fire. Like the previous posted stated, we also wished we would have had more down time to spend at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter