• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Fitness facilities

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased the $45 length of stay to the fitness facility??
Does this include the sauna as well??
One more.....would three teens be "safe" there or is there an 18 and under rule that they must be accompanied by an adult??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Jinnyboom, I don't know the answer to your question. You may find it in the AKL FAQ thread: click here to view it. Or you may call the AKL Resort directly and ask the question: 1-(407)-938-3000.

I did find the following on the "official" WDW website regarding spas and such:

- - - - - - -
Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult during massage and body treatments.
- - - - - - -

The fitness facility isn't one of the perks of this resort?

I'm not aware of any WDW resort where the fitness room/spa is included in the price. At both CS and WL there is a fee as well. Have you stayed on property where it is included? I'd be interested for next time.

I researched this for upcoming trip - The $45 is Family LOS, for an idividual it is $25. Sauna is included. Minimum age for working out is 14.

That's disappointing. I've never stayed in a resort (I'm not a frequent Disney visitor) that charged extra for using it's fitness room. I've seen extra charges for massages and personal trainers but not to use the exercise equipment.

Originally posted by Jinnyboom
Has anyone purchased the $45 length of stay to the fitness facility??
Does this include the sauna as well??
One more.....would three teens be "safe" there or is there an 18 and under rule that they must be accompanied by an adult??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi,

The following in from the brochure we got when we stayed at the AKL back in 2001.

"Please note:
*Proper workout attire is required to use the facility.
* Minimum age for workin gout is 14 yrs old.
* All prices are subject to change."

"1 day membership $15.00, individual length of stay $25.00, family length of stay $45.00".

So as long as your "teens" are 14 or older and you are okay with them going and working out alone they should be allowed to work out.

As a note my husband has worked out at many of the different WDW resorts that we have stayed at and told me that he has never seen "kids" (transalate as teenagers) working out. But he is usually there at 6am and I am not sure how many teenagers on vacation at WDW are that dedicated to their work out that they would be at the gym at 6am.

Hope this helps you out. The AKL is a great resort. I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Originally posted by nativetxn
The fitness facility isn't one of the perks of this resort?

It is a perk in the sense that it is located right at your resort unlike some of the moderates and all of the value resorts. Use of the facility is not included in the price of your room however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter