AKL and WL

IloveDMB

DIS Veteran
This may be in the wrong forum but with the new deals and all we are going to be able to upgrade to deluxe. I'm very excited. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the bus transportation is like from the AKL. I won't be able to rent a car as I'm only 21 so now my pick is between AKL and WL, depending on the transportation.

Sorry, pressed enter but wasn't done.

Also, if anyone could tell me any prices for UPH so I can figure out how much to add onto our room budget, I'd much appreciate. We are going from Oct 9-15.

Thanks so much.

Traci-lyn

Hi!!!!

We have stayed at AKL and the bus transportation was WONDERFUL!!!!!! One bus stoip (n front of the resort) and no sharing with other resorts- so you are on and off to the parks!) We were there Labor Day weekend and never had a problem!

Ditto to Susy's comments. We stayed at AKL in October 2002 and the bus service was by far the best of any resort we had previously stayed at. We enjoyed AKL so much we are returning in just a few weeks, spliting our stay between AKL, a trusted favorite and trying BC for the first time.

When we checked into AKL last Oct. it was not very full and they upgraded us for free. Hopefully if you pick AKL you will also get so lucky!

So do you think I should book a standard room and hope for the best? It looks like my cousins ex is being a jerk and not letting him take the kids for long and we will now only be going for 4 nights so the package doesn't work for us anymore. I hope he doesn't change the room budget. He said 200 a night for 6 nights, 2 rooms. So that makes the room budget 2400, which would be good for a deluxe I hope. I visited AKL in January and FELL IN LOVE! It was so beautiful. I couldn't believe it. I promised my sister I would take her there but I should probably stay there and check it out myself, don't you think?

Traci-lyn

IMHO, I would book standard and hope for the best, being you are booking for mid October. I would not be devestated if I did not have a savanah view. If you would be and the budget allows upgrade.

And yes, you should check out the place before you take your sister. You need to have a good understanding of the best viewing places, animal feeding times and where the hidden Mickey's are so you can increase your sister's enjoyment and act as her personal AKL guide.

Personally, I just love AKL! I am a DVC member and have ressies for BWV in July, but after the fairytale package rates came out, I am seriously considering paying cash, and transferring to AKL. By the way, for 7 nights with UPH passes, the price is only $1500 standard view, until October 30th, I believe.

I would definitely recommend the AKL. The sharing bus at the WL was a pain in the neck!! The bus sharing with the camp grounds seemed to take forever. It seemed much quicker using the AKL transportation. I wasn't even that impressed with the launc to MK from WL!!

Lori

Thanks everyone. It now looks like my cousin and his kids can only go for 4 days so I might have to enjoy the 3 free nights by myself. I have never been to Disney before solo, but it's pretty safe and I think I'll have a good time. I think I am definetly going to book AKL. For that price I don't even believe that it is over budget because I didn't factor in tickets. 1500 for 7 nights is like 215 a night. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Next year is my last year of college and then I am going to medical school, so that might be my last vacation for awhile. I can't wait.

Traci-lyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter