AKL 1 br vs Poly standard for family of 5??

Piglet77

Earning My Ears
We are planning our third trip for our family of 5. It is myself, husband and 3 kids ages 3, 5, and 8. We have previously stayed at CR and Poly and while we loved the location we are thinking of switching hotels to get more space. The Kidani 1 bedroom is only $50 more per night. Im wondering if the space is worth the loss of convenience. We really love Poly for the food, vibe and pool but the 1 bedrooms aren't available and also way out of our budget. Any thoughts?

Your kids are at great ages to stay at AKV! We found the bus transportation great, and AKL has our favorite restaurant, Boma. Sanaa at AKV is great, too! I say try AKV!

We typically stay in a 1-bedroom with our kids so they don't have to share a bed (DD is a kicker), but we bought points at the Poly and will try the studio this Dec. Our kids are 15 and 13, so I think we're going to miss the space!

I think you'll love it at AKL! Ask about the kids activities where they earn beads. We did it last time we were there and my kids loved it!!!!

I think it comes down to what is most important to you - space vs. travel convenience. You will be wrangling 3 kids on buses for your entire vacation if you choose AKV. Have you considered 1-bedrooms at BLT or WL (Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek) if available? AKV is gorgeous, but if you will be spending the majority of your time in MK, it isn't convenient.

I think both are great options. This year we are staying at the Poly and next year I think we will do the 1 BR at AKV. I've never been one to mind the buses though. :)

We've stayed at AK (Kidani & Jambo) 6 different time s- it's our favorite resort on property. The bus service has never been a hindrance to our plans so I wouldn't let that stop you. All 3 restaurants are wonderful, the pools are amazing, and the immersive experience of the resort can only be understood once you stay there. It's magic. :)

We've stayed in a Studio, a 1 Br, and a 2 BR and we LOVE the space that the 1 & 2 bedroom Villas afford. With 3 children, I'd absolutely go that route.

Thanks for the replies. Im thinking of going with AKL. I think the kids will love the resort and animals. We will probably do less park hopping this time around but I'm ok with that.

I second the motion for AKL. IMHO the distance/transportation from AKL is overhyped. Not to discount the proximity of the Poly to MK but AKL never feels as far away as it can be made out to be.

Also, the extra space of the 1BR is going to be so wonderful! Getting ready in the morning without being ontop of one another, the kitchen if you want to have quick breakfast or other meal options, etc. You will love it!!!

At KV in the one bedroom villa, you'll have a king sized bed, a queen sized sleeper sofa and a twin sized sleeper chair. Plus a full bathroom right as you enter the villa and a giant master bathroom with the master bedroom. Full kitchen so you can prepare breakfast or dinner and a stackable washer and dryer right in your villa. That alone should be helpful with three smaller children. You can go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes and bring less to begin with.

We keep saying we will stay at the AKL - but we never do it. We love Boma and Sanaa. We would probably do it with a split stay. It sounds great though - and we love visiting the hotel but the buses to all the parks would get to me if it were a long trip. Enjoy the AKL!

1 bedroom at kidani. The extra bathroom alone is worth it. Also the full kitchen. I don't cook on vacation but my kids have cereal and I have something in the morning. And it's nice just to be able to wander around in pjs.

We just booked a split stay at the Poly in 2 studios and a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani for ourselves and our daughter's family of 5. We love both resorts. The extra bathroom in the Kidani unit really makes a difference in the quality of the vacation. Also, the bus stops at Kidani first! (Except when going th DS.)

I think it comes down to what is most important to you - space vs. travel convenience. You will be wrangling 3 kids on buses for your entire vacation if you choose AKV. Have you considered 1-bedrooms at BLT or WL (Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek) if available? AKV is gorgeous, but if you will be spending the majority of your time in MK, it isn't convenient.
WL is available for double the price :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter