Akershus? Yes or no?

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
I have an ADR in September for Akershus. I'm not sure that I'm going to keep it. I'm not sure that it's worth it.

There will be 3 of us. Me and two 20 year old young men. I'm just not sure where else to eat. I've already got ADR's for Garden Grill.

I would love it, but I'm not sure if I should keep it or give it up so another family that would truly enjoy it can have it.....

I would love it, but I'm not sure if I should keep it or give it up so another family that would truly enjoy it can have it.....
Since you said you would love it, which I assume you would "truely enjoy it", why do you think it is not worth it? is it the young men? You could go by yourself if the guys are not into it (but 20 yr old guys and pretty young Princess!). I assume you looked at the menu. I am going to go solo and am looking forward to it but I grew up eating danish food so throw a bucket of herring :fish: at me and I am happy. Watching the kids with the Princess will be fun.

We like having a PPO breakfast at Akershus. DH loves the hot platter that comes to the table, and the kids love the variety of the sideboard.

You say you're "just not sure where else to eat"...are you looking specifically for an Epcot breakfast? Trattoria al Forno and Cape May on the Boardwalk both have character breakfasts or, if you want QS, you could go to Les Halles in France.

hmmm. that's a tough one. What kind of food do you and the young men like to eat? Is this for dinner or breakfast? We have been to Akershus for dinner and it was a lot fun. I remember there being a salad bar with different fruits, veges, meats, cheese, etc. (not sure if that has changed through) My children LOVED walking around the restaurant in the "princess parade" and having their photo taken with Princess Belle! :-)

This will sound crazy, but my DH really enjoyed our lunch at Akershus. He liked having the cold bar and being able to order off of the menu. I enjoyed the princesses very much. We have a lunch planned there for our May trip.

If you are looking for what I think is a great alternative without the characters, I would suggest Biergarten. Great variety, food is authentic, and the show is really good. Remember as a party of 3 you will be seated with another party, we don't mind that and have made some friends that we are still in touch with :)

Are you paying out of pocket or on the dining plan? It's a good deal in my view with one dining credit, I'm less sold on the value of it if your paying cash. I enjoyed when we went but I'm not sure I'd do it again anytime soon.

Other options in the area: cape may character breakfast buffet or seafood dinner at the beach club, I like captains grille at the yacht club (currently relocated to ariels at the beach club for renovation), the new character meal at the boardwalk

It was by far the worst meal we had on our trip last month. Though my DD did love the princesses so it wasn't a complete loss. It's probably the one disney restaurant I wouldn't return to .

Epcot World Showcase has so many wonderful restaurants. Is there a reason you have not considered any of them?

You really are paying an upcharge to see the princesses there, so if you aren't going for the character interaction, I wouldn't do it. There are so many great restaurants in WS. Are there particular foods you and your traveling party like? Biergarten might be more the 20-year olds' speed. Spice Road Table is excellent if you like Middle Eastern food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter