Akershus Royal Banquet Hall???

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
Searched for threads but could't find any for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

We were scheduled for Cindy's royal table, but we moved schedules and the we are going to MK there are no available reservations. So on the day we are visiting epcot there was an opening for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Is this one good? I have seen a lot of positve reviews for Cindy's royal table, but cant find any on Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Thanks.

Our first trip to CRT is next week, so I can't compare the two, but we are scheduled next week for our third straight year at Akershus. We love it! We've found the characters to be really engaging with our kids, and the food has been excellent, with a nice mix of traditional American favorites and some Norwegian items on the buffet. It's also cheaper than CRT.

Out of all the meals we went to last year (including Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, and Artist's Point), my parents still remember Akershus as having been in the best experience.

This restaurant is best for Princess interaction. WHen we were there we met: Bell, Snow White, Arua,Ariel, and Alice. They all spent time at the table with the kids. We try and go to both of the restaurants (VRT and AKR) but since this is only 1 credit I would try and get thsi one first.

Searched for threads but could't find any for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

We were scheduled for Cindy's royal table, but we moved schedules and the we are going to MK there are no available reservations. So on the day we are visiting epcot there was an opening for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Is this one good? I have seen a lot of positve reviews for Cindy's royal table, but cant find any on Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Thanks.

I actually much prefer Akershus over CRT. The food is better and less expensive, and character interaction is much better as well. We have many fond memories there. My DD likes to dress up when we go. We have only eaten breakfast there, as well as CRT. Have fun!

Not sure if you're going for breakfast or lunch. We LOVE the breakfast there. I'd say it felt a bit less formal than CRT. The princesses were terrific and seemed to have a lot more fun. When we went, it was Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella. They do a parade through the 'castle'. The food (at breakfast at least) was very good, too. I'd recommend doing both if you can, but I think if we could only do one of them, we'd pick Akershus.

(Don't forget, you'll get a free photo with Belle beforehand, too)

We picked Arkershus over CRT since it was only 1TS credit on the DDP and went to 1900 Park Fare also.I am SO glad we did! The meal was WONDERFUL, honestly one of the best grilled porkchops I've ever had in a restuarant. The picture was included (Aurora)and the princess (Mulan,Aerial, Cinderella and Aurora)interaction was great. My DD4 loved it ;mom and dad had fun too. The cold bar was a nice touch also.

We have done both breakfast and lunch in Norway and have enjoyed both. The character interaction is good and we enjoy the food. I say give it a try.

Glad to hear how much everyone loves Akershus. We are going there in Oct for the first time. My sister (who is 27) is princess crazy, so this is the meal she is most looking forward to.

We love Akershus (AKHS)! We have been to both CRT and AKHS. It looks like a small castle from the outside. The inside is really pretty too. There are usually about 5 princesses and you should get a photo of your princess with Belle ( or another princess) with your meal. The food is quite good. We have been for lunch 3 times. It is less expensive than CRT but the food is just as good.

Although dining in the castle at MK is cool, AKHS is a very very very close 2nd. Factoring in the cost savings, it is a great alternative!

We have done AKHS twice (breakfast and supper). Both meals and interactions were very good. We also did CRT (directly after BBB) for lunch. Very marked difference in a bad way. Maybe CRT at breakfast or supper would be a better comparison. However, the princesses seemed to be phoning it in during lunch. Granted AKHS has some buffet and some served components, CRT is all served. So there seemed to be long gaps in the meal and the food wasn't all that good either. I will give a bonus point for the build your own cupcake both of my DD's got at CRT. But we're done it and probably won't be going back unless it is specifically requested or required. We've got our AKHS reservation for our trip in October.

Yeah, I'm a Mouseketeer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter