• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus princesses lunch A+!

smd8z

Mouseketeer
We ate at Akershus for lunch with our 4 kids and had a wonderful time! The food was delicious, the princesses were wonderful with the girls and the pictures with the princesses made the price worth it. Yes, it is expensive but if you have a princess lover and you don't want to stand in lines for hours to meet them, this is the way to do it. It helped that we had 2 under 3 so they ate for free. The appetizer buffet was superb; the shrimp salad and steamed shrimp were a hit with our kids. Between the 6 of us we had the Salmon which we agreed was AMAZING, the Roasted Chicken, the kid pizza and the meatballs. Everything was delicious, and don't get us started on the desserts! Since we had 6 at our table, they brought us 2 plates of desserts which we weren't expecting. The princesses (Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel were sweet, spent time with the girls and were wonderful when one of our girls was nervous to do the Princess parade. I would highly. Recommend Akershus if you are planning on doing a character dining!

We ate at Akershus for lunch with our 4 kids and had a wonderful time! The food was delicious, the princesses were wonderful with the girls and the pictures with the princesses made the price worth it. Yes, it is expensive but if you have a princess lover and you don't want to stand in lines for hours to meet them, this is the way to do it. It helped that we had 2 under 3 so they ate for free. The appetizer buffet was superb; the shrimp salad and steamed shrimp were a hit with our kids. Between the 6 of us we had the Salmon which we agreed was AMAZING, the Roasted Chicken, the kid pizza and the meatballs. Everything was delicious, and don't get us started on the desserts! Since we had 6 at our table, they brought us 2 plates of desserts which we weren't expecting. The princesses (Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel were sweet, spent time with the girls and were wonderful when one of our girls was nervous to do the Princess parade. I would highly. Recommend Akershus if you are planning on doing a character dining!

I agree! I ate there with my daughter a little over a year ago for lunch and we loved everything about it :)

They brought something to your under 3 kids or they just ate from your plate and the cold buffet?

Yes they let the kids who are only two years old order something off of the kids menu for free. I was not expecting that!

Yup we had dinner there. Absolutely great.
They let my 2 year old order off kids dinner menu too.

We just booked breakfast there for our trip in June! I'm pretty sure my three year old princess is going to love it!!!!

Thank you for the review! I just made reservations here for June and the kids are really looking forward to it.

Yeah! We are brining my under-2 girl-crazy son for lunch. I am hoping for some lipstick kisses for pictures!

Thanks for the review...I have it booked for our November trip and was second-guessing the reservation b/c of menu options posted on Disney site. (I'm planning for a bigger family group, and I was worried others wouldn't like it.)

So glad to hear such a great review! We will be taking our 3 1/2 year old and our 15 month old in September! So excited for them to dine with the princesses =]

1996 - First Visit to WDW @ Dixie Landing
2005 - Off Property
2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2013 - All Star Movies Resort
2014 - Art of Animation Resort
2015 - Grand Floridian (upcoming)

Glad to hear a good review...have it booked for lunch in November with two little princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter