• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus or Cinderella Castle for dinner?

Lyentzer

Earning My Ears
We are going April 2015 with a almost 5 year old and 6.5 year old and have never been but want to do a princess dinner. Thoughts on in Cinderella castle or akershus?

Akershus without a doubt! CRT has a great atmosphere but food is horrible! We ate dinner after we left it was so bad.

Cinderella's castle is going to be closed from January 2015 through "spring 2015". I would book Akershus just to be safe!

I say go for CRT - Every princess should eat in 'the' castle once and they are a perfect age!

Went when my daughter was 6 for first visit. we did Akershus, it was great, but now that she is 13 and we have never been to CRT, I wish I splurged for the two credits just for the magic of going in Cinderella's castle

I think it is booking for dinners in March so I assume you may get a reservation in April.

Very different experiences. We liked both, but food is better at Akurshus - the smorgasbord has unique foods and yummy on top of the dinner everyone chhoses. CRT is more 'magical' though so if it open when you go, you could try it. If on dining plan, I woul ddo Akershus for the value.

Cinderella's castle is going to be closed from January 2015 through "spring 2015". I would book Akershus just to be safe!

OP might be OK if going in April...
Found this on AllEars.net (http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm)

Search down to March 2015

"Cinderella's Royal Table will be closed for renovation from January 5 - March 6, 2015."

My opinion, regardless of food. You have to go to Cinderella's Castle. Kids won't really understand that food is better here or there, they just want "The Castle". The food was OK at CRT but I really think that's not even a factor when it comes to kids and Disney. We been to WDW several times and never did my daughter say "I want to go to Akershus" :)

Based on reviews, Akershus has better food while you can't beat the setting of CRT. Akershus does only use one credit though.

We have been to both with our daughters. As mentioned they are two different experiences. The girls loved both, however eating in the castle was very special for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter