Akershus in epcot - which meal please?

Which meal would you eat at Akershus in Epcot?

• Breakfast

• Lunch

• Dinner

Results are only viewable after voting.

dhdozier

Happily Sharing Memories with my Family
I have read lots of conflicting opinions (yum and yuck) on eating at Akershus in Epcot. Also on our Epcot day, we are def. going to try to get ADRs for Teppan Edo for either lunch or supper (DH really loved this restaurant) and I thought it would be cool to do at least one character meal on this trip (Sept 13-16).
We don't want to do a character meal at MK becuase we are only going there for MNSSHP and don't want to spend the time at a table service when time is limited.
I also considered going to Chip and Dale's Garden Grill in Epcot but read lots more bad reviews for that one. So......... I am still strongly thinking about Akershus for our Epcot day but wondered:
1. Which meal do you rate the best for good taste out of B,L,D?
2. Which meal allows for more character interaction time?
Thanks in advance Disers!

I was a big fan of Akershus prior to the princess dining, visiting there in 1998 and 2001.

Last September 08 my family tried the princess dining and it was outstanding. The entrees and desserts were fantastic. We are planning to go again this September, for dinner, if we can get a reservation.

Note that the dinner is very expensive but therefore a good value if you have the free dining package this year. Also, a photo with a princess was (is?) included in the price of the dinner. We didn't realize that when we showed up, and were hustled in to pose with Belle. Later in your meal they deliver the photo package to you (1 8x10 and 4 4x6s)

We did breakfast and enjoyed it. The lunch and dinner meal doesn't appeal to me.

We did lunch last year and will again this year. I had the open face sandwich and soup and it was excellent. DH had the unpronoucable dish with the lingonberry sauce. He liked it and the kids meals were a hit with our girls also. One had pizza the other a hot dog with corn.

Does anyone have an opinion on which meal doesn't feel as rushed or even a time suggestion? Thanks!

We have not had breakfast, but we have had both lunch and dinner. We have eaten at Akershus about 5 times. My family prefers lunch because we prefer to eat our large meal early in the day. At both meals, the character interaction was good and we have never felt rushed. We are one of those families that takes our time and basks in the air conditioning for awhile. We are usually there long enough to catch the characters twice. Our service has always been good and we all like the food. I loved their smoked meats and the herring on the cold bar. My husband has enjoyed all of the meals that he has had. We are hoping to lunch again this fall.

I think I would prefer the food at breakfast better, but I am planning lunch as a break in the touring. I really want to get a few stuff in before we eat. Just my preference.

Definitely breakfast, cant mess that up. Lunch, ok. Dinner, well, the menu is extremely limited and I found myself making a meal out of the peel & eat shrimp on the cold bar along with making sandwiches out of their meats & cheeses! Been twice, service great and to be honest, it was all about the kids seeing the princesses anyway. If you're not into them, then ditch it.

I think I am now strongly leaning toward breakfast here (thanks Disers) and I am going to try to make a ADR for 8amish, which is an hour before Epcot opens. Where do you go to get in? I mean is there an entrance in particular that is just for breakfast guests and if there is more than one, which is best? Also, would my name be on a list they have or what exactly? Thanks so much for the help so far!! :thumbsup2

Are the pictures only part of the dinner here or lunch as well? My grand daughter absolutely loves the Princesses and this restaurant is the 2nd most important on my ADR list. I'm hoping to get a dinner res but would settle for lunch as a backup. Wouldn't want her to miss out of the pictures though.
Thanks.
S

I think I am now strongly leaning toward breakfast here (thanks Disers) and I am going to try to make a ADR for 8amish, which is an hour before Epcot opens. Where do you go to get in? I mean is there an entrance in particular that is just for breakfast guests and if there is more than one, which is best? Also, would my name be on a list they have or what exactly? Thanks so much for the help so far!! :thumbsup2

We went to breakfast at Akershus prior to park opening in February. At the entrance, there is someone with a clipboard checking for your last name. I would bring your confirmation number just in case, because I have heard of cast members checking for it. So basically, just go to the regular entrance that you would use to get into Epcot and say that you are going to the Akershus character breakfast. We really enjoyed the breakfast...didn't feel rushed at all and there was great character interaction!

We really enjoyed the breakfast there. The lunch and dinner menus did nothing for me so we've never tried them. But breakfast was very good - hard to mess up!

Are the pictures only part of the dinner here or lunch as well? My grand daughter absolutely loves the Princesses and this restaurant is the 2nd most important on my ADR list. I'm hoping to get a dinner res but would settle for lunch as a backup. Wouldn't want her to miss out of the pictures though.
Thanks.
S

yes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter