Akershus for lunch?

fly girl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been at the tail end of Akershsus' lunch service? I can get an ADR for 3:20pm, are you rushed through? Do the princesses still give you plenty of interaction time?

I have an ADR already sent for dinner at 6:30pm on another night, but I found out that dh's NHL playoffs could have game 6 so I'd rather have it not conflict. :sad2: (ESPN here we come!) ;)

Just wondering your thoughts . . . should I go with the late lunch or keep the 6:30pm dinner. WWYD?

Any advice would be great! Thanks. :)

While I can't speak about the Akershus lunch timing, I can say that I have never, ever been rushed out of any meal at WDW if at the end of that particular cycle. I have had late breakfasts that were probably the last seating before lunch started...had great service and wonderful character interaction. Same for lunches....we never felt that we were holding anyone up. The food was the same quality as earlier seatings we had had..so no problem there either.
I would stick with the late lunch seating.

:thumbsup2

Thanks, goofy4tink!

I really am leaning towards the change, I just need an extra nudge since changing things can be nerve wrecking with this uber planner. :rotfl:

BTW, I forgot to post that changing our ADR's would not affect our touring plans. We will be at Epcot on the lunch day. And the dinner was for the day we were at AK, planning to leave the park at 3:45-4:00 time frame. We have park hoppers and are staying at Boardwalk so Akershus is not a hassle to get to.

I did 5 days on DXDP in late February. I had lunch at Akershus at the same time 3:20. It was the most relaxed character meal I've ever been to. It was wonderful. I never felt rushed. I was seated near the salad bar, and I saw them replenishing things on the bar as they ran out.

Cold food bar

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

Even though it was the end of lunch service, they replenished that tray right after I took that picture.

IMG_3932.jpg

Traditional Kjottkake, kind of like Sweedish Meatballs, but there is kind of a weird spice in them that makes them different. I liked them, but I like the Sweedish meatballs at Ikea better!:rotfl:

IMG_3939.jpg

They puff thing was kind of a waste, I liked the rice cream best.

IMG_3938.jpg

They brought me this cupcake for my birthday, but I didn't eat it.

I guess I should have read this post before I posted almost the exact same question about CP late breakfast.

Mind you - we did an earlier lunch at Akershus back when we did it, but I totally agree that it was a very relaxed slower paced meal. My only complaint on that visit was how long it took for us to be seated. So, I don't think you'll feel rushed.

Thank you mrzrich for your first hand account, with pictures! :goodvibes Looks like food was plentiful and being restocked. :thumbsup2 Glad to read it was relaxed too. YES!

May I ask, was the princess interaction good at that time too? I imagine it was, but I want to make sure since this is a surprise for DD 4. It is her first character meal and I know she's going to be in heaven! :cloud9: :lovestruc I know she'd love the little dance around the room thing I've read about too.

Squee...I can't wait!! :banana:

Tigger Tigger, thank you to for letting me know your character meal was relaxed too. :) Very nice to hear after reading many reviews of patrons feeling rushed.

May I ask, was the princess interaction good at that time too? I imagine it was, but I want to make sure since this is a surprise for DD 4. It is her first character meal and I know she's going to be in heaven! :cloud9: :lovestruc I know she'd love the little dance around the room thing I've read about too.

Squee...I can't wait!! :banana:

I think that the characters were wonderful. They were all very gracious.

I met Belle as I enter the restaurant and had my picture taken with her.

A little girl in front of me was soo excited to meet Belle. Since it was a slow time, Belle was able to really take here time with the girl.

Then Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel made rounds at the tables. (I had heard that Cindy rarely appeared here, but she was there last month.)

Right around the time I was getting my dessert, they announced that there was to be a dance. It was more like a parade. All the little girls danced around the dining room with the Princesses.

I did 5 days on DXDP in late February. I had lunch at Akershus at the same time 3:20. It was the most relaxed character meal I've ever been to. It was wonderful. I never felt rushed. I was seated near the salad bar, and I saw them replenishing things on the bar as they ran out.

Cold food bar

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

Even though it was the end of lunch service, they replenished that tray right after I took that picture.

IMG_3932.jpg

Traditional Kjottkake, kind of like Sweedish Meatballs, but there is kind of a weird spice in them that makes them different. I liked them, but I like the Sweedish meatballs at Ikea better!:rotfl:

IMG_3939.jpg

They puff thing was kind of a waste, I liked the rice cream best.

IMG_3938.jpg

They brought me this cupcake for my birthday, but I didn't eat it.

Oh dear mother of God....now I want rice cream!!! One of my favorite things in Epcot!!!!

I think that the characters were wonderful. They were all very gracious.

I met Belle as I enter the restaurant and had my picture taken with her.

A little girl in front of me was soo excited to meet Belle. Since it was a slow time, Belle was able to really take here time with the girl.

Then Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel made rounds at the tables. (I had heard that Cindy rarely appeared here, but she was there last month.)

Right around the time I was getting my dessert, they announced that there was to be a dance. It was more like a parade. All the little girls danced around the dining room with the Princesses.

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

I can't wait!! I am SO excited to surprise her with this. princess: :yay:

And now my interest is peaked on the rice cream. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter