Akershus breakfast

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Made an adr for breakfast at Akershus in February and it will be our first time there. If anyone has been recently, which princesses were there? We're traveling with two young nieces that have never been there, and of course they want to meet the princesses.

Also, how was the breakfast itself?

Thanks! :)

Not too recent, but in late September we saw Belle as the greeter, in her yellow gown. Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White came to our table. The food was delicious and our server was great. I was able to get two drinks (I like milk and oj with breakfast) and she didn't even bat an eyelash at the request. Sometimes I feel greedy for asking but she said people do it all the time and that I could have three drinks if I wanted lol.

The fruit on the buffet was very fresh and ripe. The pastries, cheeses, etc. were replenished and fresh too. We had no problem getting more of whatever we wanted. We had the last breakfast seating and they were turning one side of the buffet over for lunch towards the end, but it wasn't a problem at all.

IMG_1477_zpsb4f33d66.jpg

IMG_1483_zps06122a9b.jpg

IMG_1487_zpsf4a324cc.jpg

IMG_1480_zpsec3f1838.jpg

IMG_1484_zps1277e210.jpg

IMG_1478_zps0c174caf.jpg

IMG_1481_zpsa28e0d05.jpg

Not the greatest pictures, sorry. :headache:

My family (me, DH, DS11, DS13) ate at Akershus in late September as well and loved it! The princesses that were there were Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. We had our picture taken with Belle before we were seated.

Even though the "princess experience" was not exactly DSs favorite thing, they absolutely loved the food, especially the pastries. The fruit was really fresh and DH loved the salami and cheese. The hot food was also very good.

My family enjoyed this so much that DS13 (soon to be DS14) has asked to eat there in December 2013 during our next trip!

Thank you jcemom and momplus3, that sounds perfect!

Jcemom, those pics are great, thank you so much for including them. :thumbsup2

Momplus3, not sure if it's the great food or maybe a 13 year old boy enjoys the pretty ladies. ;)

I'm looking forward to this adr, so happy we were able to get it. It's hard to get a table for 10 only 6 weeks out.

We went Nov 19, 2012 (first time doing breakfast...but did lunch in 2010, and dinner 2011)...

...we started out with Belle...then saw Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White, and Ariel. This was our first time seeing Jasmine there...in prior visits for later meals, it was Cinderella in her place.

Food was OK... we prefer L & D for food, but it wasn't bad either. The cold buffet was missing a few things we'd seen in other meals there, but it was still a nice assortment...especially the meats and cheeses.

You will usually get Belle as your greeter upon arrival, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel coming around the tables.

If Belle is sick, Ariel usually becomes the main greeter.

If some of the other princesses are ill, you can get Jasmine, Mary Poppins and Alice as a substitute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter