Akershus breakfast is impossible

rottieprincess

Earning My Ears
Just trying to get feedback here wondering if anyone else is having any troubles too. I have been trying to get a akershus breakfast for the last 2 months, i check so many times a day its crazy early morning noon night and even the middle of the night. I have touringplans reservation finder not one alert, i have try to get 4 different ones the latest this am on the perfect day with 3 people checking including the person who dropped it and they never show up. this makes me so sad, i have done late night drops early morning drops and the only one i have been having problems with is this one. We are 13 days out and im ready to cancel all my reservations drop the dining plan and just wing it. This is the one reservation i really wanted. Any advice or anyone else having the same problem with Akershus. thank you for your feedback.

I think this is very hard to get. We are going the same week as you. I have been looking occasionally and have never seen one pop up. We are doing a Garden Grill breakfast and a Cape May dinner on our Epcot days and I think I'm happy with that. We have CRT on our last day and 1900 Park Fare, so we'll see plenty of princesses.

I think this is very hard to get. We are going the same week as you. I have been looking occasionally and have never seen one pop up. We are doing a Garden Grill breakfast and a Cape May dinner on our Epcot days and I think I'm happy with that. We have CRT on our last day and 1900 Park Fare, so we'll see plenty of princesses.
i have those too i was thinking about upgrading to the deluxe dining but im so disgusted now i really might just cancel everything and wing it, honestly its the only reservation i really want i cant believe everytime we do a drop it doesnt show up.

I somehow managed to get two for the same day, one for lunch and breakfast....I just kept checking and they showed up within days of each other. I don't think one of mine will help - as you mentioned 13 days out (I am at 26 days out) But keep trying...I think the closer you get to the date, they will start showing up

I somehow managed to get two for the same day, one for lunch and breakfast....I just kept checking and they showed up within days of each other. I don't think one of mine will help - as you mentioned 13 days out (I am at 26 days out) But keep trying...I think the closer you get to the date, they will start showing up
thank you i hope so i have not found one lunch dinner or breakfast never had this much trouble our last two trips thank you for your kind thoughts

I never had these problems either in the past, however we always traveled in September....so I figured it was just less busy then! But I hear your pain....Although I have managed to get everything we wanted, I find that I am planning around these ADR's and having to do parks on day's I did not plan to and messing up all my fast passes!! Also check often on the November canceled thread! I got BOG thru a very nice Dis-member!

Why in the world would you drop everything over one reservation?
i was picking up this stuff to upgrade to the deluxe dining, im just so frustrated from trying and trying and it is very stressful not finding the only reservation you want :( i just feel like canceling them all right now thats just how you feel when you have been looking every day for months.

I never had these problems either in the past, however we always traveled in September....so I figured it was just less busy then! But I hear your pain....Although I have managed to get everything we wanted, I find that I am planning around these ADR's and having to do parks on day's I did not plan to and messing up all my fast passes!! Also check often on the November canceled thread! I got BOG thru a very nice Dis-member!
thank you very much for the kind words we have been there the last two years at the same time and never had problems with getting this reservation. I think its probably the new ride that is causing this. And i wonder how many people are sitting on reservations that they are not going to use. when i pick something up i cancel something else. But not everyone does this i guess. i just cant believe we are this close and nothing. and trying to do drops is impossible they never show up i have tried to do 4 and they never show.

I feel your pain. Usually I am not the most sympathetic when it comes to issues like this, but my long week trip in November has been turned upside-down because of last-time party additions. So now my perfectly planned ADRs are no good and it has been a royal pain to find something. Akershus was one of them, but for Lunch.

It could happen. I cancelled my 8:00 res a few weeks ago. Once I got a fast pass for FEA Akerhaus wasn't a priority for us. Check back when it's time to pick fast passes. You may get lucky : )

Another thing I should mention...I booked Akerhaus around 80 days out. One day there were a bunch of early reservations that popped up for every day of our trip. Maybe more will be released?

It could happen. I cancelled my 8:00 res a few weeks ago. Once I got a fast pass for FEA Akerhaus wasn't a priority for us. Check back when it's time to pick fast passes. You may get lucky : )
What time is Epcot scheduled to open that day? If park opening was at 9am and your ADR was 8am, then that ADR basically had a free built-in FP for FEA! Leaving your tier 1 FP slot open for Soarin, TT, or Illuminations.

Last edited:
If I drop something on mobile, the other person has only been able to see it and grab it on mobile as well. It never shows up on their computer. Maybe that's the issue?

I feel your pain. Usually I am not the most sympathetic when it comes to issues like this, but my long week trip in November has been turned upside-down because of last-time party additions. So now my perfectly planned ADRs are no good and it has been a royal pain to find something. Akershus was one of them, but for Lunch.
i had everything booked at 180 days and changed my trip at 90 days out and nothing. Good luck to you too :)

I feel your pain @rottieprincess. Just wanted to say that about a week ago I was able to get a PPO Akershus breakfast for our departure day. So they DO pop up from time to time. My advice (FWIW) would be to make another breakfast ADR and just keep checking. Especially the day before you're hoping to go. Who knows? Maybe it will become available. Then you can just cancel your backup ADR.

I booked all of my other ADRs at 180 days. But I didn't make any plans for our departure day. We have to get on ME at 12 noon to go to the airport so I figured we would just hang out at our resort, pack luggage, and take it easy. I changed my mind recently and just sort of casually looked for a breakfast ADRs when 8:20am Akershus popped up. I wasn't even really looking for that restaurant in particular. So it looks like we'll be going to Epcot on our last day. If nothing else just for breakfast and one last ride on FEA.

I know you mentioned you have Touring Plans searching for this as well. Just make sure you chose the text message option in additional email.

Hang in there! You never know when one might pop up.
I know they usually do but after trying to get trades 4 times and never finding anything very frustrating. I wont give up just completely tired of looking and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

Another thing I should mention...I booked Akerhaus around 80 days out. One day there were a bunch of early reservations that popped up for every day of our trip. Maybe more will be released?
im at 13 days now, nothing showed up at 60 :( hopefully something will come up soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter