• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AK standard view?

v0mich01

Mouseketeer
So we're(me, DH, our 2yo) going to wdw for our first trip the week after thanksgiving with my in-laws(who have been many times). We're currently booked at CBR in two rooms with the $75 gift card per room per night. My inlaws just informed me they're probably only going to go to the parks 3-4 of the days we're there, so now I don't know about CBR. I don't know that they want to be dealing with construction and not having an easy restaurant. If I ask them, they'll tell me it doesn't matter. I was super torn on where to book, bc I really wanted connecting rooms(my inlaws will likely be doing naps and bed time several days so DH and I go can do adult rides) and I've requested, but I know they're not guaranteed.

We're hoping to get free dining, but if we can't combine free dining with our gift card thing happening at CBR, I think we're for sure going to switch resorts. Which brings me to my questions.

I think we want to do AK Kidani village in a 1br villa. But we can't swing a savanna view unless we cut off two nights of our trip. I was thinking it'd be nice because my inlaws would have a beautiful(not under construction) resort, and there are public viewing areas of the animals too. Shoot, even in typing this, I'm almost conviced to just do the savanna view for fewer nights. Any thoughts? We're currently going 7 nights, but only going to the park 5 days(1 night we'll do the christmas party) and if I cut it down to 5 nights, I don't think we'd get everything we want to get done. This won't be our last trip, but it'll probably be our last for 5-7 years.

I wouldn't cut ur trip shorter and personally I'd take AKL over CBR in a heartbeat.
Savannah is great but there are lovely areas outside for viewing and they can easily enjoy those areas without the UPgrade to Savannah ..if it's a money concern. ( and Savannah IS amazing but certainly not a deal breaker)

Put ur request in writing as far as location, Close to main area .. near elevator etc, ( and fax a follow up) whatever is best for ur family. everything was beautiful there. We ve done both kidani and jambo.
Both are wonderful imho

Enjoy your visit.. I have Amazing memories of our visit with grandparents when my ds was a toddler. The memories will last a lifetime!!
( as an aside, consider Hoop De Doo... it was so special for our family.. my little one with the spoon and the washing board atop grandpas ( RIP) knees.. priceless !!
Pixie dust ur way!!pixiedust:

I would do standard view for 7 nights. We've done standard and savannah view at AKV and AKL and they were both great. The public viewing areas are really lovely. If we ever book AKL or AKV again, I wouldn't hesitate to book standard. Your parents can certainly see the animals in the public areas and maybe even book a lunch at Sanaa to see them from the restaurant?

True. I think Sanaa still has quick service breakfast, and that's a good time to see the animals.

We have done Savannah view at Jambo and kidani once each. We have no desire to book it again. There are so many great public viewing locations at each resort that it is really not necessary. The advantage of kidani in a one bedroom is that you get 2 full bathrooms. The down side is, who is gonna get stuck on the sleeper sofa?

We have done Savannah view at Jambo and kidani once each. We have no desire to book it again. There are so many great public viewing locations at each resort that it is really not necessary. The advantage of kidani in a one bedroom is that you get 2 full bathrooms. The down side is, who is gonna get stuck on the sleeper sofa?

I know two bathrooms was crucial. My dh and I will take the sleeper sofa, and our 2 year old on the fold out sleeper chair. That way we have access to the kitchen, and if DH and I stay out a little later one night, we're having to walk through their "room"

Thank you all for the reply. I think I'm going to do a standard view, I know there are some that have "partial savanna views" so maybe I'll request one of them:)

Looks like you made your decision and I think it's a good one :) We had a standard view but ended up with a pool view, which was lovely. As others have said there are so many great public viewing areas to see the animals that I don't think a savanna view is necessary although I won't discount how nice it would be. However when we return to AKV I won't hesitate to book standard view again. Enjoy your trip!

Are you sure that the 1-BR is available? With a 2-year old, have you considered the travel times to the other parks? AKL is not the easiest to get to the other parks from.

Perfect decision. Exactly what I would have done. My mom stayed seven nights at AKL standard view and didn't do the parks at all. No need for a savanna view. She loved the resort and found many air-conditioned, comfortable viewing areas.

Would not want to leave my parents or in laws at CBR. AKL is perfect. So much to do. And air conditioned and comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter