AK issues - going to EE at RD on EMH day (no EMH for us staying offsite)

bdarling

Mouseketeer
I am staying offsite, so I am trying to book my 30 day out FP reservation each morning. I just did my Epcot day, and I am very happy with how it turned out - even got FEA late, so returning for that and Illuminations.

Tomorrow morning is my AK day. I have RoL dining reservations at Tusker House already, but trying to figure out the schedule. We like to get there for RD have a later lunch, then return to condo for a few hours, then come back for night activities. AK never had night activities, so this is new!

My questions is this. My DD and I want to go to EE. We usually would do RD and then book it to EE. The scheduled day is an AM EMH and also has RoL. If we arrive for the 9AM RD, after the 8AM EMH started, would you still do the same plan? I would rather use a FP on another ride, and run/speedwalk to EE if the line time is less than 20 minutes. We have no problems doing single rider either.

You probably could still hit EE without a FP at 9 even on an EMH day with a minimal wait. They don't open the single rider for it right away, so with EMH opening at 8, it should be open by 9 when you arrive, as the lines start to build. We've been during a very busy week in Feb the last 3 years and we go straight there during the EMH and ride a couple times, then when single rider opens, we get in that line and ride a few more times! We have not done it at regular park open time on an EMH day, so can't specifically answer that, just what we saw/experienced during the actual EMH as the regular park open time approached. We have also done single rider without fast past when arriving later in the day and again, wait times were usually under 30-40 minutes. We love this ride!

We stay off site too. In compete honesty, we don't even look to see what parks have EMH on what days when making our plans, so I can't specifically tell you if we've been to AK on an EMH morning. However, with the number of trips we've made recently, I have no doubt that we have. Part of the reason we wouldn't know is that we also don't do rope drops. If AK opens at 9:00am, we may get there around 9:05 or 9:10, but we don't show up at 8:30. So when we get there, the gates are already open for all. We've never had a problem doing a walk on for EE. You may have to wait 10-15 minutes, but it definitely won't be 40-60+ minutes like it can be midday. I'm confident you'll be fine with your plan. Enjoy!!!

p.s. glad to hear you could get FEA 30 days out, last year we couldn't, so I'm optimistic that maybe this year we will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter