AK 8am rope drop...when do you enter park?

SharonEM

Earning My Ears
I've seen posts referring to AK 8am EMH's and that you likely won't enter the park until right at 8am, which is different from the procedure for normal 9am open where they start letting people in early. What if the 8am opening is not an EMH but instead extended hours for a busy week...would they allow you to enter early then?

I've seen posts referring to AK 8am EMH's and that you likely won't enter the park until right at 8am, which is different from the procedure for normal 9am open where they start letting people in early. What if the 8am opening is not an EMH but instead extended hours for a busy week...would they allow you to enter early then?

No matter what time they actually let you in or if it is EMH or regular, if FoP is your goal, you want to be there 45 min to an hour before the opening hour. If FoP is NOT your goal, then I would wait and get there right at the opening hour just so I could miss the FoP madness.

Nothing beats fun at WDW!

Last edited:
YMMV, but in late August we were let into the park around 720 for an 8 a.m. EMH. They let us into Pandora around 745.

This was in late Aug., early Sept. this yr, and I hear it changes from time to time (we were told by guest services it was going to be about 30 min early when we asked 1st day). But we were consistently being let in at 40-45 min before opening (whether EMH early or 9 am). We roped dropped 5 days in a 10 day span. I believed we were out for the bus at like 6:15am (for 8 am opening) and was picked up by around 6:30 for AK. wife can correct me if I'm off slightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter