Airtran: Can I do this??

I do not believe it ruffled any feathers, rather air travel is more fact based then opinion based (there are some exceptions to the rule). Because of this many of the regular posters (myself included) are very cautious about and correct broad statements that could be interpretted to casual observers as a rule.

Remember when people stop posting to this thread, it is still viewable and can be searched and someone may get the wrong impression that there is a requirement for an airline to place you on a different flight because of a time change, which is not true.

I understand and if this thread has not focused so much on my reply I would have edited it in order to be more clear.

Sorry all!!

Just changed my flights with Airtran. My original flight (non-stop) was originally scheduled to get in at 657pm. Got moved to 718pm. Not much, but with 2 kids who are starting to get tired at just that time - started to worry me. I figured I wouldn't even be getting to the hotel until after 9 (b/c we would have to stop and eat dinner at the airport b/c my kids wouldn't last much past that time dinner wise). 9pm checkin, settling in - they would be a mess!

SOOOOO..long story short, I called Airtran, said the flight was too late for me now since they changed it, can I move to a different flight. She said not a problem, said I could pick any flight that day, or 7 days before/after. I moved us all to one leaving MSP at 652am, getting to ATL at 1025a, then leaving for MCO at 1204, getting there at 129. PERFECT!!! I knows its a connecting flight, but it will work for us. Get off, use the restroom, change diapers, eat some lunch. Let the kids stretch their legs and run for a bit. Maybe then they will sleep on the last leg.

SOOOO excited!

But, anyway, just wanted to share that they were willing to move my flight even though they only changed the time by 21 minutes...

93 days!!!

Yes they MUST give you what you ask for since your flight time changed by 2 hours. Just tell them that the new time does not work for you..they will change it without a problem.

The only way that you can get around this with Air Tran is if you did not click "I accept schedule" when you first got the email notifying you of the schedule change. If you didn't, you just call Air Tran and tell them that it won't work for you. However, if you did click that "button" you may have to pay in order to change your flight.

Air Tran changed our schedule three or four times. Unfortunately, we had to change the dates of our trip, so we had to change everything all together! :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter