• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airports and flying this year

Not only are the planes suspiciously icky, not kidding when I say the seat pockets are weird trick or treat bags but airport bathrooms often look like they could use a HAZMAT team. I don't think I have EVER seen anyone clean a single think in Newark Airport, although I have had things stolen and broken. At any rate, it's not a far jump to question general cleanliness all things considered.

I don't have a favorite airline, FB is not a place I go for airline info unless it's my neighbors new favorite cocktail. This info would be better located on the Hopper App or places I go to pick a flight or daydream about trips - like here, they should advertise here. FB is a swing and a miss
I have received an email from every airline I've ever flown in the last few years, since giving an email address is required for booking online. It isn't hard to find the info if you're so inclined.

Thinking about you whilst reminiscing about squatting behind the truck in the middle of a track and hurrying before the wildlife got curious and came to investigate.

Definitely not what the average DIS poster thinks about as an airport bathroom.

Or, you sit in the co-pilot seat because you’re the only one on the plane for that leg and you watch the giraffes scamper off the “runway” as the plane lands (at an airport, where the ”terminal” is a small shack).

If I’d known that all it would take it a global pandemic toget you back, I’d have started one much earlier :)

Or, you sit in the co-pilot seat because you’re the only one on the plane for that leg and you watch the giraffes scamper off the “runway” as the plane lands (at an airport, where the ”terminal” is a small shack).
Or when you unexpectedly land and disembark from the tiny rickety plane on an airstrip, wait 20 minutes with no info, and suddenly find yourself on a tiny luxury private jet because it has to be ferried somewhere, so they transfer you and your bags onto it for a jaunt across a few other airstrips before you reach your final destination.

Or when the ship is overloaded with cargo and you have to take the helicopter instead.

Or when the winds are too high for the seaplane to land, so you have to take a little boat 2 hours into the open ocean to board at a floating dock in the middle of nowhere onto another seaplane....

If I’d known that all it would take it a global pandemic toget you back, I’d have started one much earlier :)
The convergence of pandemic + cancer related stuff should never occur, ever. But extreme boredom gave me the opportunity to learn some fascinating (mis/dis)information here, such as the fact that the virus is transmitted via flatulence and that underwear plus trousers cannot contain it (You have the obligation to tell us this critical fact, so I'm disappointed that I had to learn it here)

Or when you unexpectedly land and disembark from the tiny rickety plane on an airstrip, wait 20 minutes with no info, and suddenly find yourself on a tiny luxury private jet because it has to be ferried somewhere, so they transfer you and your bags onto it for a jaunt across a few other airstrips before you reach your final destination.

Or when the ship is overloaded with cargo and you have to take the helicopter instead.

Or when the winds are too high for the seaplane to land, so you have to take a little boat 2 hours into the open ocean to board at a floating dock in the middle of nowhere onto another seaplane....
You clearly live a far more glamorous life than I do. As adrenaline-pumping as flying gets for me is hoping I can gate-check my carry-on free of charge. :lmao:

I don't have any plans that require flying until March so it isn't an immediate concern, but I would be willing to fly this summer if the right opportunity presented itself. I've been watching fares and deals for summer, hoping for a good bargain to get to Universal at some point, but so far I haven't seen any deals worth trading our planned driving trips for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter